The last meeting you ever went to.......

by watersprout 58 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout

I don't know whether this has ever been asked, so i apologize if i'm repeating.

What did you do at the last meeting you ever attended? Did you stay for the whole thing? What made you realize that this was your last meeting, or did you not know it would be your last meeting??

The last meeting i ever went to, i was dragged by Carrot. I was not happy....I sat in the sin bin...Anywho the elder giving the opening prayer started thanking jehovah for revealing the man of lawlessness i.e my parents! He kept going on and on about it...I sat down grabbed my things and said to Carrot i'm leaving. He tried to get me to stay, i said if you don't come with me now i will leave without you and you will have to walk home. Anyway he stayed and i flounced out in style with Babysprout in tow. Babysprout started cheering when i said we were leaving and sang ''we're leaving and going home, to get some sweeties''... The r &f were turning to stare and the elder who gave the prayer looked staright through me... I glared and carried on flouncing. That was the last meeting i ever attended. Never walked in that kingdumb hell ever again. Don't intend to EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I was so distressed about dreading the meeting I was going to but was going to support my daughter giving a talk...a worldly friend said she would come and sit at my side to help me.

After my daughter's talk an elder covered material about how ones should confess to the elders if they were struggling or had committed any sin so that they could be helped, and he went on to reassure the cong of the love of the shepherds. My friend, who knew how I'd been treated after doing that same thing, burst into tears and ran out of the hall. I followed her and found her so very upset that such hypocrisy was so blatant, and that what was he was saying was untrue. She couldnt believe the cruelty.

I saw it through an observer's eyes that day and realised that what I was feeling was valid. I never went back.

Loz x

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

I had not been at a meeting for a few months due to moving house.

I had already told Mrs Scotsman I had big doubts about the org.

Anyway I finally attended a meeting at our new cong - walked in, put my briefcase on the chair and looked around and immediately knew I could not do it anymore, Went to the loo feeling a massive desire to walk out the hall.

I sat through that meeting being reminded continually why I had to leave - meetings are totally different when your brain is switched on!

A few pubs came up to me after the meeting to welcome me to the cong - I tried to keep composed but I suspect a few must have thought me a bit frosty.

I went home after the meeting and told my wife I was not going back - she was pretty upset as I think she thought I was just going through a phase.

The good news - she followed me out 5 months later.

Best decision we have ever made - despite the fallout from it.

To anyone thinking of doing the same - don't delay, escape today!

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

The last meeting I ever went to in a kh was by far the best I ever attended, even though I recall nothing about it, or even when it was exactly (late 80's most likely. By that time I was so completely over the jws that it mattered not one iota.

Cheeses.

No trees were destroyed for paper in the making of this message though several billion electrons were inconvenienced.

• nugget
    nugget

Last meeting was the CO visit. I went because the CO was the son in law of the lady who had studied with me when I was a teen and I wanted to ask his wife how her mother was. I stayed through the whole meeting and left at the end. The talk made no great impression on me I just remember thinking that he was obviously old school. Never felt the need to go again.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

memorial in 1993, was seconds away from walking out before it commenced, would have destroyed the wife though, and a very brief afternoon at the DC in 1994, all of a couple of hours, lasts years memorial where I partook and that's it.

• JRK
    JRK

Memorial in 2002. I went out of guilt. I then found out about the UN deal, and the guilt went away.

JK

• blondie
    blondie

I left the WTS after a moment of clarity at a circuit assembly:

1) the "sheep" being compared to a baby elephant chained to a stake who grew big enough to pull up the stake but was conditioned not to.

2) kissing non-jw mates compared to kissing a corpse

3) the value of the sheep to Jesus being compared to a dirty penny which he would not pick up and a shiny quarter he would pick up.

Told my husband we were leaving and that was the last for me...fairly painless...hubbie followed shortly after.

• Leto
    Leto

Memorial 3 years ago. Hadn't been to a meeting in over a year until then. It was creepy. I will not go back. If for some reason I HAD to attend another meeting, I'm sure I'd get some evil glares from the R&F as I sneak a flask every few minutes.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

jookbeard I'm curious. If you hadn't attended meetings since the early 90's what the hell made you go to last years memorial?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit