Heads up, the Local Needs part this week is a special talk on blood transfusions.

by miseryloveselders 70 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Yknot you look good in your head-doily.

'First I am certain the congregation of JWN would like to express their warm appreciation for Bro. Misery's bring this timely information to us all!'

I second that motion. Thank you too Misery & Yknot.

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

If my kids were in the hospital and needed blood I wouldnt let anyone know they were a witness. If for some reason someone found out and the liason came hovering around Id tell them to get the fuck out of the hospital and mind their own god damn business. They act as if they are there to protect the child when they are really only there as spies. If they found out I approved blood I wouldnt even meet with them for the judicial committie. Id threaten to sue their asses

• yknot
    yknot

Dear Lurkers and forum Newbies....

I humbly request forgiveness in my short-sightedness last night in forgeting to point out that the 'blood talk' is only applicable to JWs living anywhere in the world but.....

BULGARIA!

What???

Am I talking 'crazy talk'?

NOPE..... in 1998 instead of waiting on Jehovah to remove obsticles for 'pure worship' in Bulgaria the WTS brokered a deal over medical issues and in essence either 'ran ahead' or admitted to themselves the blood issue is just a scam that not all WTS leaders are keen to keep. And while I could post a lengthy post....it would be just a repeat of what the 'Brothers' have nicely presented on their official website. Please note that these Brothers are former and current JWs who have extensive HLC experience and dealings with the Branch.

This is a good place to start: http://www.ajwrb.org/basics/abandon.shtml

Here is the next page to consider: http://www.ajwrb.org/bulgaria/index.shtml

Should you just wanna get to the 'meat of the matter' then click here: http://www.ajwrb.org/bulgaria/report.shtml (scroll down until you see red lettering)

Remember 'Truth Boldly Stands Up to Any Scrutiny'

• tec
    tec

Yknot - the petitioner is the WTS, right?

That is an article that needs to be announced, for sure!

Tammy

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I just reviewed the above reference material.

It amount to real proof that God's organization, the WTBTS, speaks with a forked tongue.

WOW!!! I've heard of snakes in the grass, but the WTBTS takes the cake.

Thank you Yknot.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

i didn't read the whole thread, but in years of nursing, i have been involved with the freaking HLC....one instance, the parents thanked me for taking it out of their hands....the court ordered blood transfusion for their child. i could tell some stories...this makes me sick!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Theocratic warfare or no theocratic warfare: Jesus stated @ Mat 5:37: 'Just let your Yes mean Yes.......for what is in excess of these is from the wicked one.'

Mother maybe thinks this principle doesn't apply to her!

• clarity
    clarity

Hearing this 'talk' last Thursday nite, I was sickened by the instructions to practice with older children on how tell the doctors they would rather die than take blood.

Imagine the worry & fear this will put into their already overloaded minds!!!

Anyway, in case we can't visualize the reality of this...check out the story of one of the kids on the cover of the infamous Awake.

>

"Watchtower lawyers produced a strongly worded signed affidavit from the teenager: "The way that I feel is that if I'm given any blood that will be like raping me, molesting my body. I don't want my body if that happens. I can't live with that. I don't want any treatment if blood is going to be used, even a possibility of it. I'll resist use of blood." On July 19 Justice Robert Wells of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland ruled the boy to be "a mature minor whose wish to receive medical treatment without blood or blood products is to be respected." With only weeks to live, the brave young man fulfilled a few wishes. He visited the Watchtower branch office at Georgetown, Ontario. He went to a Blue Jays baseball game and had his picture taken with part of the team. On September 12 a handful of Jehovah's Witnesses held a special service in the hospital's physiotherapy room and baptized Adrian in one of its steel tanks, thus officially inducting him into membership, and he died the next day.

Why did young Adrian take this course? The AWAKE! article mentions that he "felt that his Biblical hope of eternal life would be threatened" if he agreed to a transfusion. (page 5) Like other JW children he had been taught that death on a hospital bed was to be chosen over "an even graver risk, the risk of losing God's approval by agreeing to a misuse of blood." His parents no doubt followed the organization's instructions to "review these matters with their children" and to "hold practice sessions in which each youth faces questions that might be posed by a judge or a hospital official." (THE WATCHTOWER June 15, 1991, page 15) In other words, Adrian was thoroughly indoctrinated.

Virtually all JW youngsters receive this training to one extent or another, but not all end up in circumstances that require them to go through with it. How many actually do? The caption for Adrian's cover photo states that "thousands of youths died for putting God first" in "former times" and adds that "they are still doing it, only today the drama is played out in hospitals and courtrooms, with blood transfusions the issue." Nowhere, though, do the articles specify exactly which "former times" are referred to. (AWAKE! May 22, 1994, page 2) "

clarity

• rebel8
    rebel8

What double-talk are they saying about fractions these days?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My BIL just said his cong had this talk this week.

Wonder why they were so late about it???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit