Heads up, the Local Needs part this week is a special talk on blood transfusions.

by miseryloveselders 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I (and others here) have a pdf copy of the document handed out at the elders school, s-55e, How Parents Can Protect Their Children From Misuse of Blood. Since the theme of the SM part is the same, it is safe to assume it is based on this very same document.

PM if you would like it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

By the way, if a kid is too young to refuse, and isn't a baptized JW, what exactly is the Borg trying to protect him/her from? If a doctor/court/hospital forces a child's life to be saved using a blood transfusion the child isn't guilty of sin, even by Borg standards, correct? So what do they presume to be protecting him/her from?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

It was local need this week in Canada as well!!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

james woods;

I'm sure that where it says in Acts is that consumption of blood refers to ingesting/eating it. Don't quote me here, but I think the first transfusion attempt was not up until within the last hundred years or so, and a failing attempt too.

Oh, they really do have a tiger by the tail here.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The WTBTS is sure behaving weird with this one.

Usually whenever there is going to be a special talk given to all congregations especially for the benefit of the family and children in particular, an announcement ahead of time is made not only to make sure as many as possible can make it but to also create anticipation in the minds of everyone. The Society snuck this talk of blood in for some strange reason. Fifteen minute local needs part. And as far as I could tell there wasn't any 'new light' on the subject. It wasn't soo special! But I could tell it caused some concern to more than a few in attendance.

Heck, we just had a 20 minute part on the service meeting in January 2011 on blood ......'Do You Know Your Options?'

Question is: Why the 'special talk' on blood and why keep it secret until the night of the talk? What is going on? Anyone know?

And how is it that the GB was able to get this 'special talk' past this forum? Are we slipping?

Yknot where are you & your insider friend???

• undercover
    undercover
    if a kid is too young to refuse, and isn't a baptized JW, what exactly is the Borg trying to protect him/her from? If a doctor/court/hospital forces a child's life to be saved using a blood transfusion the child isn't guilty of sin, even by Borg standards, correct? So what do they presume to be protecting him/her from?

The possibility of an underage child needing and being refused a blood transfusion is inconsequential. Forced or not forced; absolved of responsibility or not. It's not the import of these talks/articles.

It's not about refusing blood...it's about obeying the GB. "Misuse of blood" is the hook. It gets the JW focused on the "sin" itself and they become indoctrinated with the hidden but real instruction without question: Obey the GB, no matter what...even to the point of death - or the death of your child.

The fact that the odd person may have to be put in jeopardy isn't as important as the construct of having everyone obey without question.

Reason number 1 that JWs are a cult. The leadership expects its members to die as obedient slaves instead of allowing them to use their own so-called "Bible trained conscience" to make a decision.

The GB really are despicable and putrid beings. May they all die horrible, painful, long deaths, the lot of em. Fucking bastards.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

my in-laws' dog needed a blood transfusion because of some illness. he wasn't baptized nor studying nor a believer as far as i know. they had such a bad conscience and thought back and forth if it was a grave sin to accept the treatment. in the end they secretly accepted. the blood hound gang erm.. hospital liaison committee wasn't summoned.

• Open mind
    Open mind

There was one little ray of "new light" in this talk that my wife and I picked up on.

pirata said this bit earlier in the thread:

"If a doctor says that he cannot guarantee he will not give blood, but will do his very best to avoid the use of blood, then it is okay for the parents to accept the treatment..."

This talk said that the JW parents should get the doctor's agreement in writing.

WTF?

That was new to us.

om

• Mary
    Mary

I'm not sure what it's like in the States, but in Canada, if a JW parent refuses blood transfusions for their kid and the kid is (obviously) going to die without it, then the courts step in and give them the blood. There was a situation a few years ago with Witnesses who had sextuplets out in British Columbia and the government intervened when the parents refused to accept the transfusions.

I'm with Undercover. The Governing Body are the scum of humanity. If there is an afterlife, I hope they all burn in hell for all the lives that have been cut short because of them. Bastards.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

with that new announcement they actually make it easier for cases like the one my family had to experience. you just ask the doctor to sign a paper that says he'd do anything he can and you'r safe. i knew that someday they'd have to soften this doctrine. i just wonder when they will drop it. someday they will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit