Heads up, the Local Needs part this week is a special talk on blood transfusions.

by miseryloveselders 70 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

i hope/pray the hackers become interested since children's lives are involved and go after them like they did the scientologists.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Someone told me that this same talk was heard on the first day of the recent Elders school. Theme something like: 'How Parents Can Protect Their Children From Misuse Of Blood.'

• pirata
    pirata

I'm not here, but...

The talk is based on the S-55-E information sheet from the elders school.

The talk outlined the steps parents must take in order to not be considered responsible if the child ends up with a court-ordered transfusion. My high level summary:

Prepare the kid with what to say.

Tell doctors your stand.

If a doctor says that he cannot guarantee he will not give blood, but will do his very best to avoid the use of blood, then it is okay for the parents to accept the treatment and they should not be judged on this. However, they should still continue strongly object against blood transfusions.

If they are in court, and the court asks if they parents would feel it acceptable transferring the responsibility of the decision to the court, the parent must emphasize that is their responsiblity and they want no blood. Do not say in court that you want your child to be martyr, or that you're willing to let them die if it means taking blood. Rather you say that you want the best quality transfusion-alternative health care.

If the court goes ahead with the court order regardless, the parent will continue to please with all doctors and medical personal that they want blood transfusions alternatives and not a blood transfusion.

If the parent has followed all these steps, then they should not feel responsible if their child received a blood transfusion.

The jist of this was mentioned in a 1992 Kingdom Ministry article:

*** km 9/92 p. 3 par. 6 Safeguarding Your Children From Misuse of Blood ***

6 In view of this, what if, in your search for a suitable doctor for your child, you find one with a record of good cooperation with Jehovah’s Witnesses and who had in the past performed the same bloodless procedure for other Witnesses, yet he feels that the law does not allow him to give you an absolute guarantee that blood would not be used? However, he assures you that he feels there will be no problem this time as well. You may decide this is your best option. Under these circumstances you might conclude that you could grant permission to proceed. Make it quite clear, however, that in giving permission for medical treatment for your child you are not giving permission for blood transfusions. Taking this course would be a responsibility you would have to bear without your decision being viewed as a compromise.

My impression was similar to clarity's. Do what you can, and show that your are fighting (but hope like hell that they will not listen to you and instead save your kid's life). At least that's what I'd be thinking.

Until next time...

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i went through this. my baby needed a tranfusion and my JW family was sitting outside while we were talking with the doctor. i told the doctor how this situation put additional stress on us. he was pretty well informed on the wittness stance. so i asked him on what i could tell my JW family and he told me a few things acceptable to JWs. so that's what we repeated outside, simply ignoring the blood part.

it's terrible, the whole situation is exhausting even without all that JW stuff, and you only have additional pressure put on you by all the JWs who just want to help and ask if you'd need the anti blood squad around.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Sounds like more legal wrangling to make the WTS. or the parents not accountable or libel, just in case the child dies.

Or to make any government official who forces a BT by court order, to look evil and unjustifiable for the action taken.

The WTS. lawyers are not only fighting for the right of JWS who are parents to pursue their religious freedom,

they are also in a battle to win public appeal in the courts. Recently (some) of governments are wining the battle and have been issuing court orders

for the doctors to proceed with a BT when it is a most medical urgency. Yeah Governments

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The local needs part was entitled: 'How Parents Can Protect Their Children From Misuse Of Blood.'........or something along those lines.

Left me & my wife wondering why same talk thru out U.S. on local needs part? What's the need? Someone on the forum know?

• sir82
    sir82

Yep, the theme is this:

"It's not enough that you must be willing to sacrifice the life of your child to protect the sanctity of some anonymous stranger's blood; no, you must make sure your child, even if a pre-teen, is willing to commit suicide by doing so himself."

• baltar447
    baltar447

This made me ill to read this. I'd want to keep anyone from the HLC the hell away from the Hospital and Doctors.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Heaven forbid they educate the people about blood in a talk, just tell them to refuse it.

I'm so annoyed with this stance words are starting to fail me.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Pretty astonishing when you consider that blood transfusions were completely unknown in bible times.

The witnesses made this up all on their own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit