What was your most embarassing WTF experience with a fanatical witness??

by Reality79 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• garyneal
    garyneal

LOL

I think for my experience, it was when my wife and I went to Atlantic Beach, NC with my in-laws. We went to an aquarium during a visit and I remember during the visit my mother-in-law would constantly say, "See the beautiful creatures that Jehovah made?" "Isn't it amazing how Jehovah could make such creatures like these." and something similar over and over and over. Even when some of the workers there was doing show and tells with some of the sea creatures, she would always say something like that.

I think my father-in-law was a little embarassed by it. I personally thought it was funny. "Scoring a few browny points with God are we?" I thought.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Mine happened when I was about 10. I was walking into a department store with my dad and brother(who was only about a year older than me). A woman was handing out brochures for some local election. Instead of simply saying "no" and walking away, my dad felt compelled to explain his reason. He turned to the woman and said, "my king is Jesus Christ in heaven."

This reminds me of a time when my mom worked at a department store and during Halloween, she went to work dressed as a witch and pretended to give people 'predictions' about their future. It was all harmless fun and actually demonstrated how easy it is to listen to a person tell you about themselves and get an accurate picture about them in just a few words.

Anyway, during the night, some zealous Christian came by and thrusted a cross in her little tent and said, "I rebuke you in the NAME of JEEE-SUS!!!!" My mom and some of her coworkers got a good laugh out of that.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    My worst experience occured without me being there. My non-witness parents had always been friendly and cordial with the JW's even though they wished that I had not joined their ranks.

Donny, how did you manage to get roped in the religion when you had non-witness parents?

• ranmac
    ranmac

When I was a kid I had to go out in service with a weird old guy who had the social skills of a stoned tortoise.

We called on a hippy woman who was happy to discuss her views on god until my service partner nonchalantly assumed that she worshipped Satan.

More traumatic memories are starting to surface.

• beenthere26yr
  • beenthere26yr
    beenthere26yr

For 26 years being the "unbelieving spouse" I was the field service!

• sizemik
    sizemik

I've told this story before . . . but it is the true answer to the above question . . . so i'll tell it again.

After over 20 years a JW, I visited a small town KH for the first time. I got there about 20 mins early and was immediately accosted by a middle aged 'brother' a few years older than myself . . . It was like someone had accidently overwound this guy's spring.

He greeted me with some inane question like . . . "Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live forever in paradise conditions . . . ? . . . I mean really wondered . . .have ya . . . eh . . . eh?

The introduction was quickly followed up by the entire WT interpretation from Adam to freakin Armageddon! . . . this guy had no pause button AT ALL

As folks wandered in they seemed to give us a wide berth and I was left inside a 3 meter circle with this guy for the full 20 mins . . . never spoke to anyone else (or him for that matter) . . . he lifted his volume and pace every time my lips even dared to part . . .if I tried to move away he simply followed me . . . it was a total embarassment . . .

I got some satisfaction from how he might have felt when I got up to deliver the talk . . . but the residual embarassment meant I gave the talk almost entirely to one side of the hall.

I even left before the WT study mumbling some weak excuse to a local elder . . . I couldn't wait to get outta there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit