What was your most embarassing WTF experience with a fanatical witness??

by Reality79 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• donny
    donny

My worst experience occured without me being there. My non-witness parents had always been friendly and cordial with the JW's even though they wished that I had not joined their ranks. One day two guys, "Brother Lee" (MS) and "Brother Lozano" (elder) were out doing return visits when Mr. Lozano decided to drop by my parents house for a call figuring it would be an easy and lengthy call. The following was relayed to me by Brother Lee who said he was so embarrased to be a JW duing that call.

After knocking on the door, my mom invited them in and they all sat in the living room and commented on the great weather we were experiencing. Then Lozano noticed my moms church brochures and then began talking about how some churches used Jesus name but really have no idea what it's all about.

My mom said she was happy with her church and saw no reason to switch which led Mr. Lozano to go to his next level. He stood up and said "you know there is this saying that would describe your church that would make it easy for you to undertand the mess your in. I think you have heard the saying, it's describing putting urine in vinegar and..."

"Are you trying to say 'Piss and Vinegar'?" my mom interuppted.

"Yes, that's it, but I was trying to put it more politely," replied Lozano.

"You think my saying urine instead of piss is more polite than the analogy you are trying to associate with my church? Please leave immediately."

Borther Lee tried to apologize for Brother Lozano's behavior which led Brother Lozano to cut him off and declare "I have Jehovah and Jesus on my side, I don't need you to apologize for me!"

At that they both left and went to their car. Later Brother Lee came by my parents house to apologize on his own which my mom accepted.

And this was many of several incidents by this elder that would rankle many.

Needless to say, my parents became even more entrenched in the non-JW camp.

• Violia
    Violia

got a pm donny

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

In one of my Junior High classes, I had to sit next to one of the kids from my congo who was a member of one of the more "zealous" (read: "whackjob") families in the Hall. During class one day, a pretty robust earthquake hit. This girl, thinking that Armaggedon was starting, grabbed my hand and yelled "JEHOVAH!!! Save Breck (me) and I!!!" When the shaking stopped, everyone was staring at us from under their desks, including the teacher.

Yep. pretty weak.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

When I was in Bethel, another Bethelite (a skinny white dude) and I went into the city on a bus. I am from a west coast City where pretty much everyone has a car and the people are pretty polite. This Brother was from a Large East Coast City and well used to how things are in these places while getting around on Public Transportaton. We waited for a long time in a crowd for a bus to come along. The minute one came and the doors opened, people began clamoring on board without letting others off....almost pushing and shoving. I was taken aback and just let others on ahead of me. By the time I got on the bus there were no seats left so I just grabbed a handrail. My friend however had scrambled to the back of the bus and gotten us both a seat and was signaling me to come back there and sit with him. As I made my way down the asile I saw that a large, older and very tired looking black woman, laden down with shopping bags, was arguing with him about something . It turns out she wanted him to move over to the seat he was saving for me and let her sit down. He had flatly refused to move. When I got there I couldn't believe that he was being so disrespectful to this old lady. I told him to go ahead and let her have my seat but he still refused to move. The old lady swung her great bulk into him and he went flying down to the end of the seat. She plunked herself down and squashed him up against the side of the bus. He shouted "Geez Lady...with that kinda Butt Action , you ought to be working down on 42nd street !" She said "shut up you Cracker" then out to my horror he said, " Hey...I'm no Cracker, I'm a Minister" to which she replied "What kinda VooDoo Church would have you as it's Minister ?" People were beginning to stare and I was hoping he would keep his mouth shut...but no. He proudly announced " I'm a Jehovah's Witness and we don't have Churches, we have Kingdom Halls !" She said "why don't you go back to your Kingdom Hall and learn some manners?" Well that shut his mouth thankfully....she was absolutely right and he knew it. This guy is still in Bethel and was working in the Legal Dept. the last I heard.

• sinis
    sinis

wasblind, you need to relax. Jesus, nothing was meant by it. It seems you have thin skin...

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Virtually every time I listen to the magazine sales pitch of my service partner, I cringe.

Every time elders drag me into the back room over some man-made rule I've broken, I am ashamed of them and their pathetic ignorance.

Whenever I'm at someone else's study and they're mentally-handicapped, a shut-in, or obviously insane I can't stand it.

Every time I hear how the New World Translation has been proved to be the most accurate Bible.

• Girlie
    Girlie

I remember a former friend telling me about a "sister" that used to work with her at this company. The sister would always preach, but rarely did any work. She would actually sit at her desk during company time and do her studies. If someone approached her about it, she would yell, "This is Jehovah's time!" Of course she was given all the time she needed in service for Jehovah.

I would get embarassed if friends placed literature when we were on vacation together. I would always get the "We're Jehovah's Witnesses 24/7" spiel, but that still didn't prompt me to do it.

• life is to short
  • ranmac
    ranmac

Every time I hear how the New World Translation has been proved to be the most accurate Bible

WontLeave,

It is proven fact that the NWT is the most accurate. Alex Trebeck said so.

• man in black
    man in black

While they stayed on target, these were unbeilivable stories !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit