What was your most embarassing WTF experience with a fanatical witness??

by Reality79 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

we had a wacko brother in our hall that would not allow the householder to close the door on him until he was done with his little speech. He used to wedge his foot in the door so they couldn't shut it. The householders used to be furious with him.

We had two sisters who did not like each other and used to fight out in service. We always had to seperate them or one or the other would start crying and make a scene. They were both in their 60s. One day after getting my toddler dressed for service, I picked up these two sisters at the hall and drove into the territory and no sooner then I got there, they started up with each other. One started crying and told me to drive her home immediately. Everyone was looking at us. It was ridiculous. I put them both in the car like little kids, scolded them and told them I would not work with them anymore. And I said "its a shame when the best behaved person in service today is my two year old!". I reported it to the elders too.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I was practically a little kid - (about 13 years old) - and upon my mothers question about how the 144,000 could "live forever" without eating food like the earthly class (she thought the 144,000 sort of orbited earth in the new system):

The very nice old JW lady who studied with my parents said this:

"Well, I think they would draw their energy from the sun, because we all know that the sun is immortal."

Now, I may have only been 13, but I won my class science award that year and knew perfectly well that stars - including the sun - have a finite (but extremely long) lifetime.

Regrettably, I did not say anything.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!! These are so funny!!

Fade_away, I sure hope that that girl never joined the JWs - she had a classic example of the ridiculous attitude of the Watchtower Society towards wome - er, "wimmin" - right there!!

ExWhyZee - that's what comes from the Watchtower Society's unnatural and repressive behavior regarding normal sexual urges - I'll bet that the chunky weird kid thought that he was "saving" the guys in the shop from "Satan's" temptation - while simultaneously taking the stuff home himself so he could "review" the material...

My personal study isn't quite as spectacular - just went out with an older man, a JW whose favorite response to opposition from householders was to shout, "I'm going to have your house after Armageddon!" as he was retreating down their sidewalk.

I was only 10 at the time, but his behavior was very revealing to me - for the first time, I looked at the behavior of Jehovah's Witnesses and realized that they might actually be bringing "persecution" upon themselves. Their behavior didn't require a "Satan" to oppose them; their behavior was so nuts that normal people were probably going to have a negative reaction to them based on that alone...

Zid

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked, I have to go to work

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

i was a new publisher ,age 19 working a very upscale area in newport ri and was standing at the door with a older pioneer sister and im up. the guy answers and after i blurted out my lame serman he declines but we talk a bit and he tells me hes a lawyer and dosent really believe in organized religion, blah , blah. so i start putting the book away and start wrapping it up, well the sister nxt to me was not ready to give up and tells me out loud to give him the book. he says " i dont want the book". she repeats herself to me a little louder "give him the book!" i look at her and state "he doesnt want it" "yes he does" she says "no i dont" the guy exclaims. so i looked at her and handed her the book and said " you give it to him" and walked back to the car.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

hahaha, These are some funny stories.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Had so many it is impossible to right them all down, will take a few of the worst. On service with a sister from Lebanon, she insists on speaking to male muslim men on the street, we get into deep ..... straight away and I end up having to drag her away. She then passes a baby pram and puts two magazines into the pram. I go back and take them out and tell her never to do that again, if I was a parent and someone did that with a flyer I would be hopping so she should never do it again. We did not work together again.

Nigerian sister, very fierce face when speaking about the truth, pioneered in the same town I did. She had a track record for hunting down not at homes and was often on the platform giving experiences. She told of one man she had called back on hundreds of times to get him home, one day she finally saw someone was home, when they would not open the door she shouted through the letterbox " I know you are in there, I am warning you that you are going to die at Armageddon". She was applauded for her bold witnessing.

Young guy we studied with became a very zealous witness, we had to literally hold onto him when he got going on the doors, he would be jumping about waving his arms and being very excited. One day I was on the floor above him and I could hear him talking to a householder, when the householder refused to believe in a creator, this young guy grabbed him and pulled him out of the doorway and made him look at a tree outside. He was talking so dramatically that I was cringing upstairs, when I went home I told my husband that he should not be allowed out alone on service.

So many memories haha.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I remember I was out in service once, many moons ago, I was with a particularly zealous brother from one of those faraway 'lands' that the society frequently boasts about. We called upon an engineer, he was not at all interested in us, he told us that he didn't believe in jehovah & he thought we were wasting our lives, he told us where to go.

Well, the zealous brother was not having any of this. He put on his wizard hat & cloak, pulled out his wand & summoned the angels down from upon high to teach the engineer a lesson. He was cast up into heaven where we was made to eat his own soiled words from the filthy palm of mother mary, who had just finished giving out her daily heavenly handjobs. When the engineer was sent back down to earth, his tail tugged between his legs, he took the magazines from my hand (I was holding them, the zealous brother was busy cleaning his wand at the time), & hurried back inside his house. The zealous brother had made his point, but I couldn't help but feel that his behaviour had been a tad over the top, the poor engineer was scarred for life no doubt.

Anyway, suffice to say, the entire experience was very embarrassing for me.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Mine happened when I was about 10. I was walking into a department store with my dad and brother(who was only about a year older than me). A woman was handing out brochures for some local election. Instead of simply saying "no" and walking away, my dad felt compelled to explain his reason. He turned to the woman and said, "my king is Jesus Christ in heaven."

I'll never forget the look of consternation on her face. My brother and I still joke about it to this day.

• JRK
    JRK

This has nothing to do with this zealot's faith, but it was an embarassing moment. An uber Pioneer during a meeting decides to clean out her ears. She takes her baby's pacifier out of the kids mouth and wiggles it in her ear for a while. Then she sticks it back in the kid's mouth. It was during a meeting, and I was sitting behind them.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit