What was your most embarassing WTF experience with a fanatical witness??

by Reality79 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• man in black
    man in black

Mine happened when I was about 10. I was walking into a department store with my dad and brother(who was only about a year older than me). A woman was handing out brochures for some local election. Instead of simply saying "no" and walking away, my dad felt compelled to explain his reason. He turned to the woman and said, "my king is Jesus Christ in heaven."

I'll never forget the look of consternation on her face. My brother and I still joke about it to this day.

Wow, I had a story very simular to this. I was out in service and while at a door the householder mentioned to my partner not to forget to vote next Tuesday.

He looked at the householder and in the most straight, self-rightous tone he said :

My man jesus christ is already elected and is in his position right now,, I wished that the earth would have swallowed me up right then I was soooo embarassed.

• cognac
    cognac

bttt

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

i used to go in service with this wild sister who would literally put her foot in the door of people's houses.

i was in service once with an old "annointed" brother and when the guy at the door said he wasn't interested

and shut the door, as we were walking away the "annointed brother' said "He will make good fertilizer for

the ground in the new world." I was in this case embarrassed for the brother because I thought that was

an amazingly cruel and stupid thing to say.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

After my father died (a welcome death, he was abusive in the extreme), a brother in the KH came to our house. It was working class neighborhood with houses on very small lots. He demanded to discuss our absence from meetings. In a booming voice, he asked in an accusatory fashion, Do you love me? Neighbors were hanging outside. It was quite the show.

My mom's family went back to Russell. She had a very dim view of KH riff raff. There were Bethelite brothers (not all) to whom she would explain her reasons but not some occasional brother. He was late in, early out. We had Bethelites, Gilead people, etc. in our family.

I was allowed to do what I wanted at school since the witnesses lived in a bad neighborhood. They did not live locally. This changed as the school lines changed with junior high. All my long term friends were in the orchestra and Band (and I would soon join them). There was a school concert. My homeroom class included a Witness. She overheard me talking to a friend about the coming performance. There was an announcement that I could not attend the concert b/c Ministry school beckoned. She got loud and screamed, What is more important? The concert or eternal life? I felt this was pure melodrama. She is now a city council person in Anchorage.

• cognac
    cognac

Ok, I've thought of a story...

I was a teenager and was doing door to door with my friend. She goes to the door, lies about what her name is, then makes up a name for me... All the meanwhile laughing the whole time, lol. Then, she says that I have something I want to say to them. Omg, I had no idea what to say. In the end, since I was on the spot and nervous, by accident I told the householder my real name, lol.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

There was this one time when this guy was frustrated, and I said "welcome to MY world." And then this sister looks at me funny, like I STUMBLED her or something, and she says "This is SATAN'S world!" Even when I believed, I still thought that was hilariously fanatical.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

Heh. So my mom was an overzealous JW, and this one time, when I was around 15 and she 33 (she had me REAL young), we decide it would be a good idea to go door to door together. Every time the door opened to a man, I cursed silently my luck, because most of the time, they would always hit on my mom, not realizing of course she was a mom in the first place. It was so blatant as well, so darn obvious, but when I cornered my mom and asked her why she allowed it to continue, she would always reply something along the lines of Jehovah giving her this advantage over others to be able to preach his word, and maybe it was a good thing because look, she had been able to place magazines to all these pervy men! She had done her job and was quite possibly changing a life!

Oh yeah. What a blessing.

• Reality79
    Reality79

Not my experience, but I remember when I was younger one of the youths in my hall was working with an older brother in field service and when they got on the bus, this guy made a sudden big announcement to everyone on the bus that his young field service partner had some good news to share with everybody!! Obviously it put the poor boy on the spot! He didn't know what to say and the worse thing is, three of his schoolmates were on that bus!!

They didn't even know he was a witness, so needless to say his school life was hell ever since, thanks to Brother Big Mouth.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Off the top of my head:

Working in field circus with an older pioneer. She and her husband had been in the circuit work for years. She was very well spoken but equally outspoken. A woman answered the door and informed us that she was getting ready for the holidays. The sister told her very eloquently, "Well, that makes you a pagan and you will be destroyed at Armageddon unless you turn your life around and serve Jehovah."

The woman just smiled, said, "have a nice day", and closed the door... ROFL

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    I do remember this one time, I can't remember what the occasion was but we had to have our parent's signature for it, and I was the only kid that their parents didn't sign. The teacher wanted to go too, so she said screw it, we're going. Just don't tell your parents. I jumped up and said no "No problem!".

Wow, your teacher sounds awesome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit