Higher Education June 15th Watchtower 2011

by jwfacts 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ihadnoidea
    ihadnoidea

I recently was talking about this very topic with a family member. Its one of the few topics you can talk openly about with most witnesses (just do not discuss it often). So far most try to water down what the counsel is actually saying.

This is just an observation from my local area. If you look at adults between the ages of 20s to mid 30s, I would say about a 3rd are unemployed. I have also noticed a trend in our area where many couples marry and live with there parents due to financial issues. In some cases this last many years. So the topic of supporting a family not only affects the marriage financially but also in other ways too.

My question is where is the line drawn between the scriptural requirement to support your family and when you are considered to be "not trusting JH". I know what the JW response will be, you need to put in the effort but JH will make sure you are successful. Yet wouldn't that include getting a job that actually will let you meet this requirement.

1 Tim 5:8:

8 Certainly if anyone does not provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith.

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

I am sorry but this is BS.

Grzegorz would need a BSC unless he was very talented and even then he would have to special. On top of that I don't know many computer programmers who aren't constantly learning new skills, lanugauges, techiniques to keep up to date with changes in the programming world.

Even in my own job if you aren't constantly improving and learning you will get left behind!

Also the comment made in nicolaou's post about putting homework after meeting attendance and parents talking to the teacher if they couldn't complete.

I am sorry but I can't see many teachers or school buying that one. What happens when it comes to exam time? Oh yeah, thats right you FAIL!

How many talented or brilliant minds have been lost to this?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Bible School for Single Brothers ... formerly known as Ministerial Training School

Same shit, wrapped in a pretty box. I am confident the name change allows them to make the "brothers" feel even more guilty about even considering dating in the first couple of years after this "school." I bet there is a huge talk given about "remaining 'Single Brothers.'"

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

What they are really saying is we don't want you to have any self esteem.

That bears repeating:

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

And what I say to that is:

“The greatest difficulty is that men do not think enough of themselves, do not consider what it is that they are sacrificing when they follow in a herd, or when they cater for their establishment”

Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes

“Psychological freedom, a firm sense of self-esteem, is the most powerful weapon against the long night of physical slavery.”

Martin Luther King, Jr

• Mary
    Mary

Bible School Bull Shit for Single Brothers

I'm sure this was just a typo..........

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Jesus warned against ‘seeking your own glory.’

I love how they are automatically able to associate this with higher education.

• dgp
    dgp

Jesus warned against ‘seeking your own glory

What about the glory of belonging to the Governing Body? Or is that no glory?

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I bet there is a huge talk given about "remaining 'Single Brothers.'"

It's the rubbish article we are studying for this weeks WT, "Make the most of your singleness"

George

• sir82
    sir82
    Jesus warned against ‘seeking your own glory.’

Yeah, cause God knows there's no more "glorious" a profession than teaching 3rd graders how to spell, or emergency room nurse on the midnight shift at an inner-city hospital.

Lord a-mighty, what idiotic windbags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit