Higher Education June 15th Watchtower 2011

by jwfacts 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jay88
    jay88

This coincides well, with the 'Educational Centers'(Assembly Halls) they build.

• dgp
    dgp

Of course the Watchtower preaches only the short term, since "the time left is reduced". I am however thinking of the huge damage that will be done to those youths who are happy to have "a job that supports them" today, as opposed to skills that will help them adapt to any changes in the workplace. Already, whoever doesn't know how to adapt, is out of the race. How will the young witnesses cope?

When my parents were young, having a B.S. was more than enough for a middle-class lifetime. Now you don't really make it without a master's degree, at the very least. Some would even say that a Ph. D. is necessary, but not sufficient to achieve the kind of life my parents had with much less schooling. How sad that the young witnesses will choose to stay behind.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Same old crap. Anyone can say year after year, decade after decade, century after century that the end is near. That warning has no merit. In the meantime, plan for a future. MR. QUIK SAYS THE END IS NEAR. (I'll keep saying this until it actually is the end or an end or something climatic.) AND THEN ALL SHALL KNOW OF MY GREAT ALL KNOWING POWER!!!

• dinah
    dinah

Man in Black, that was FUNNY.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

MIB, great post. LOL. Maybe they could shout together, "We are two wildly spiritual guys!"

I remember when I first lurked on this forum. I joined to comment on Bethel layoffs. That totally pissed me off that they would call Bethel workers "family" yet they would dismiss them like that.

I am much more pissed that they further their effort to ruin the financial future of young people. The only saving grace in this for me is that my wife knows how important an education is and this might wear her down on the lies of "the truth."

There's nothing wrong with hard work and trades. Many people do fine. But some young people can acheive more with college and the WTS doesn't just encourage work ethics instead of college. They encourage wasting time, energy, and money on furthering the Printing Corp. Cult.

• wasblind
    wasblind

OK, so Janusz's business failed, he had no income and was deeply in debt,

he turned to Jehovah got his affairs in order, and now serves as a regular

pioneer and congregation elder.

I might believe this bull , if they told how he got his affairs in order without filing BANKRUPTCY

• kimbo
    kimbo

It sounds like a cult

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It is a cult.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Can you even imagine putting any of those schools on your resume? The interviewer would probably bust out laughing and THEN toss your resume in the "to-be-shredded" pile. OH wait, if you have your own window cleaning company, who needs to interview? I see what they've done here..

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

Just a few thoughts I had:

HIGHER EDUCATION

• If you have a means of supporting yourself, do you really need to spend time, money, and effort on further education?
    • To support yourself, is it really necessary to have a college or a university degree? Supporting yourself is one thing....what about supporting a family?
    • What would be the effect on your meeting attendance?One might begin to start thinking for themselves!
    • Have you ‘made sure of the more important things’? Like providing for your family?
    • Do you need to strengthen your confidence in Jehovah’s ability to provide for you? What about 'he helps those who help themselves'?

w11 06/15-E p.31

"But there is danger in encouraging them to take up a life style centered on education and financial security instead of true worship" Could someone please explain to me what danger there is in financial security? Asking people on the street doesn't provinde any answers. It seems to me that financial security would enable JWs to devote more time to kingdom interests since they're not constantly worrying about where their next meal comes from or how to pay the bills!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit