For non-believers: What evidence would it take for you to believe in 'god'?

by jay88 176 Replies latest jw friends

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Paul said in Romans 1 that God manifests through the Creation. Notice the similarity in that idea to the Logos of John chapter 1. Throw in the Oneness of John 17......stir vigorously..... add 1 tsp. ceyenne pepper....

Now check this out.....

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?session_id=13

The whole things starts here....

http://www.lawofone.info/

...reading it for the second time.... it's awesome!

I like beer. It makes me a jolly good fellow!

• tec
    tec
    That makes no sense if you live in a country or area that does not worship or has never heard of whichever god you are referring to (or lived during a time period before that god was ever heard of or worshipped). Sucks to be them, then, I guess.

That is true. So in reference to my answer #3, for reasons that people cannot hear... some have never been told that they could hear, and so do not consider it a possibility, and so do not listen for Christ. Some have been told that they canNOT hear, and so again, do not consider it a possibility. In most cases, if they heard a voice, they might instead consider themselves crazy. Sort of a case of one generation doing an injustice to their children, and so on, and so on.

Those born before Christ and those born elsewhere who have never heard of Him can, however, still show love and kindness, forgiveness and mercy. Whatever is inside of them will still shine forth. And if God overlooked things in the past because men didn't know any better (as Paul suggested), then He will know the capabilities of people born outside of that scope of knowledge as well.

Tammy

• Johnnytwofeet
    Johnnytwofeet

About the same evidence it would take for me to believe in Zeus.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

@tec Again, ridiculously convoluted for somebody all-powerful with the presumed ability to be completely unambiguous if he/she/it wanted. No thanks.

The question was "what evidence would it take for you to believe in god?" I gave my answer. The evidence would have to be something unambiguous, obvious, and not subject to "interpretation" (which, let's face it, the Bible totally is). Not circular logic like "the Bible is evidence that god exists. Because the Bible says so."

It would have to be everybody on earth and with the same message because, as I said, an appearance to a single person but not to others either signifies either delusion or god being a favoritist prick (whatever "reasons" you might come up with to justify said favoritist prickishness). As far as I'm concerned, there is no #3. If there is a god, he's presumably a big boy and if he cares to personally and unequivocally address me and everyone else on earth, quit the vague "it's all in my book, which has been interpreted thousands of ways over thousands of years" bullshit and cut out all the conflicting middle men, he knows where to find us. Hell, I invite it. But it hasn't happened yet.

• Curtains
    Curtains

tec

I'd like to understand what you mean when you talk about hearing the voice of Christ. I ask because even when I was a believer I never heard anything. I got feelings of well being and felt that my prayers had been heard though. When inspiring thoughts came to my mind I saw this as the holy spirit causing me to remember encouraging thoughts and ideas. Is this what you mean by hearing the voice of Christ? When I discovered and fully engaged with him what I felt was a pervading sense of peace and strength but once again did not hear anything specific.

Nowadays peace, wellbeing and strength come to me out of nowhere and I enjoy these feelings very much. These feelings don't remain all the time of course because as an adult I value experiencing challenging feelings too

• still thinking
    still thinking

Hi Punkofnice (like the name by the way)

I think I understand the proof you are wanting, but I would have to say from my own personal experience that no matter how hard you look you will never find it in ANY church. In fact they only mess up your mind and confuse the truth.

Trust in your heart, genuinely ask God for help to find it. keep searching.

May god bless your search

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

So if I hear the voice of Satan does it mean he exists?

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

I he/she/it came down and said "Hi I'm God, I got held up for <INSERT REASONABLE EXPLANATION FOR ABSENCE OVER THE PAST THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF HUMAN SUFFERING>, I'm really sorry, but I'm here to make things right now, and I have nothing to do with that BIBLE whatsoever"

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

What evidence would it take for you to believe in 'god'?

The answer is within the question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit