For non-believers: What evidence would it take for you to believe in 'god'?

by jay88 176 Replies latest jw friends

• jay88
    jay88

It all comes down to evidence (but funny how we tend not to accept the evidence that indicates that what be actually believe to be true might be wrong).

This is a statement made by Nick in previous thread of his.

>>>>>>>>>>

If the OT 'god' reappeared today, would that be evidence of 'god'?

jay,

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

No, it would be evidence of "Satan".

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think you mean PROOF, not evidence.

I h ave asked this many times and to be honest, I have never gotten an anwers back that I couldn't dispell.

Of course Proof and evidence are irrelevant to an extent because, let us use revealtion for a moment, we are told that even after being Under God and Jesus for 1000 years, as soon as Satan is let lose, people will take his side against God and Jesus ( and be destroyed).

The lesson being that even IF all know there is a God and even after 1000 years of peace and love, some will still say "fuck you".

Pardon my french.

Why?

Perhaps Milton was right.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If a god exists that is anything like men think he/she/it is, that god could easily prove his/her/it's existence.

Rather than try to pin down nonbelievers on what it would take, just offer any real evidence that is not another case of having to believe individual humans having contact with God or having their prayers answered.

Example: instead of finding several cancer patients that were cured by the power of prayer and belief, find one documented case of an amputee growing back the lost limb through the power of prayer and belief.

• jay88
    jay88

OTWO- In all seriousness, I would have to become a 'miracle chaser', perhaps it would be better from me to take up of ufology.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Example: instead of finding several cancer patients that were cured by the power of prayer and belief, find one documented case of an amputee growing back the lost limb through the power of prayer and belief.

And when science proves that this case was just an anomoly in the genetic make up of said individual, then what "proof" would that be?

My point is that pretty much ANY proof can be "explanied" or "contextualized" as to make God on ONE of the possibilites.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Finding JHWH written on every cell nucleus in every living being on earth.

Or having Jesus standing in front of me with holes in his hands and his side, and me putting my finger through the holes.

Either one would do.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Finding JHWH written on every cell nucleus in every living being on earth.

In what language? ;)

Or having Jesus standing in front of me with holes in his hands and his side, and me putting my finger through the holes.

Personal revelation? now, now * waves finger*

Either one would do.

Sure about that?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I was approached by a muslim who was 'witnessing' in Liecester. I said I wasn't sure what path to take as I do not know what I believe anymore.

He got quite angry and aggressive and spat out this question: 'Do you expect god to write your name in the sky and say this is the way follow me?'

Me: 'Actually, that'll do it for me!'

End of conversation.

At least I know 2 things now

1. JW's are not the 'Truth'

2. Islam isn't either!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

There's this whole issue of what's real and what isn't to deal with.

If God is a mythological creation, a metaphor, does that make him unreal? Or just intangible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit