For non-believers: What evidence would it take for you to believe in 'god'?

by jay88 176 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

*side note here, sorry*

even after being Under God and Jesus for 1000 years, as soon as Satan is let lose, people will take his side against God and Jesus ( and be destroyed).

I believe those are the people who are already against God and Jesus (God and Magog from revelations) and outside the kingdom - Satan then comes and leads them to ATTACK the people inside the kingdom, and so God destroys them to protect those inside the kingdom.

Those inside the kingdom aren't going to change back so that they no longer have and show love and peace. (they are not going to de-evolve - as ProdigalSon put it on another thread)

Tammy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    even after being Under God and Jesus for 1000 years, as soon as Satan is let lose, people will take his side against God and Jesus ( and be destroyed).

Revelation 20:5

The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think you guys may be missing my point, God and Jesus are quite evident and present, inother words, there is no disbelief in their existence and yet, some still rebel.

• tec
    tec
    I think you guys may be missing my point, God and Jesus are quite evident and present, inother words, there is no disbelief in their existence and yet, some still rebel.

Yes, sorry. I did get your point.

Because just believing in someone's existence doesn't mean a person wants to follow that someone. If they don't believe in the same things that person believes in, then they will rebel. Such as Satan. No doubt that he believes in God, and even Christ; yet he stands away from them.

Tammy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@ PSacremento =

I'm not really an 'unbeliever' but after 50 years of 'mind cleansing' from a false religion I'm having to start my search again.

I currently attend a Baptist Church. However, I am seeking proof of it all. This isn't rebellion on my part. I'm trying to heal after the WTB$ has screwed with my head.

Proof beyond 'faith' alone would be nice right now. Where will I find this proof? That's a sincere question!

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

If God provides Thomas more evidence than me, it would not be righteous for him to allow Thomas to live and at the same time murder me at Armageddon. So I think if God wants me to believe he exists and that he is righteous, he should send Jesus over to me for my own personal revelation just like he did for Thomas.

• superpunk
    superpunk

There is no secondary evidence that could possibly do the trick. Even if an amputee grew a limb back, at best this is a phenomena that we cannot explain yet - but is hardly evidence of any sort of deity.

Nope, all that will do it is personal revelation. Nothing else is sufficient.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Proof beyond 'faith' alone would be nice right now. Where will I find this proof? That's a sincere question!

I believe that Jesus works through personal belief and not "collective belief", in other words, We know Jesus on a personal level and believe in Him on that level and that level will not be the same for everyone.

For some faith is enough, for others they need a life changing event, for others it just "clicks" one day and voila and yet for others it is a struggle and up hill battle but oh so worth the while.

And for some, it never happens untill they die and all is revealed.

I myself never believed untill the day I believed, sure there was some "residual belief" having being brought up a RC, but there was far more anger and even hatred in what I thought God and Jesus were then there was Love and with good reason ( so I thought).

Is there an residual doubt?

In their existence NO, in the message, NO, but in the onging way things are going, Yes.

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

A very sincere question and one I have not put to much thought into- yet. I am new in my disbelief. Wanting to believe something never made it true for me.

• jay88
    jay88

I asked the wrong question. It should be, What would make 'god' evident? belief is a whole different ballgame.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit