For non-believers: What evidence would it take for you to believe in 'god'?

by jay88 176 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

What's so funny about that, Psac? It's in the gospel (of the Flying Spaghetti Monster).

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Nickolas:

My JW brother-in-law scoffs like that too when you tell him mankind's been around more than 6,000 years, or Noah's Ark was impossible, or Armageddon is not just around the corner, or.....

I must apologize that I did post those pics as a customer was approaching me at work, and sent it off in a hurry without properly scrutinizing what I was doing. The flying spaghetti monster is indeed hilarious.

I was laughing at the willingness to write off thoroughly researched phenomena as a hoax, just because a couple of bozos admitted having done a few crop circles, during a one-year time period two decades ago. The number of crop circles since then is over TEN THOUSAND. Crop circles have been thoroughly investigated and the authentic ones show no sign of crop damage, only light burns at the stem as if by some unknown energetic force. Studies have revealed changes in the electromagnetic field surrounding the circles. Whoever or whatever made them is relatively unimportant in comparison to the messages of sacred geometry that they are conveying. They also portray the ancient knowledge that was partially preserved, and can be found today in Buddhist and Hindu Mandalas, the architecture of churches and cathedrals, and many art forms such as the paintings of Leonardo DaVinci.

Unlike your brother-in-law, the message that I try to convey on this forum is the exact of opposite of the Watchtower on several different levels. They promote FEAR, I try to promote love. I try to encourage positive thinking, the opposite of gloom and doom, that there will be no Armageddon, and that rather than being born lowlife sinners who should cower in the hope of receiving some undeserved kindness from the Pharisee arsehole god of the OT as a reward for "obedience", we are instead, each and every one of us, invested pieces of the Divine and Co-creators of reality.

Information like that being made available to everyone would be the end of the status quo for the Pharisees. I believe it's the same as what went on in Judea 2,000 years ago. Of all the research and reading I've done, the most important thing I've learned is that the spark that sets us apart from the animals is the last thing the ruling elite wants us to discover. They have openly acknowledged this at various times. This is why they invented religion, and this is why the Watchtower is one of the most spiritually stifling religions on earth. At least the Catholic Church teaches the truth in the background of their festivals and holidays. The Watchtower makes you believe that celebrating the Christ energy of the sun, even unwittingly, will piss off their Narcissist Deity to the point of extermination of your very soul forever, and it's always "any minute now". My motivation in trying to bring these things to light is to advance our spiritual evolution, because the sooner everyone realizes their divine potential, the sooner the dark elite will be forced to abdicate, and then we can take back our planet that rightly belongs to us.

The metaphor of the Tower of Babel tells us that it was the time when we were "unplugged", unable to think alike, everyone in confusion, no one knowing what's really going on. The confusion is ending. Jesus prayed for this Oneness in the 17th chapter of John. This is the message that I try to get across.

• designs
    designs

I like Crop Circles, reminds me of how I mowed lawns as a kid

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I am agnostic about extraterrestrials, PS. It seems to me that with all the alleged UFO sightings, alien abductions and crop circles that if extraterrestrials exist they're either disinterested or inept at keeping their presence a secret. Yet there is no verified photograph or video footage or advanced metallurgical sample or other hard evidence that they exist. Crop circles don't qualify because they can be, and are, explainable as manmade, even when extremely complex. Especially when extremely complex. There's a lot of speculation that government is covering it all up, but what for? And if so, how is the coverup so effective if the phenomenon is so widespread? I'm not saying that life doesn't exist on other planets in the Milky Way, because I think it is quite likely. I just don't think they're here, for reasons I have asserted in other threads and won't repeat on this one.

There are, as well, people who scoff at the notion of crop circles being made by extraterrestrials but maintain that there is some sort of supernatural or paranormal explanation instead. For the record, I reject those reasons as well. I'm an equal opportunity sceptic. Yes, there are some crop circles that are apparently unexplainable, but that doesn't mean the default conclusion must be aliens or whatever. And it doesn't mean that those investigating them are particularly adept at uncovering the secret of their production.

I think people make crop circles and making them as complex and puzzling as possible is the entire objective.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

One of the rumours surronding the advanced use of metals in Stealth aircraft was that it was "alien technology" from the Roswell crash.

• designs
    designs

I thought that was Mylar

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

One of the rumours surronding the advanced use of metals in Stealth aircraft was that it was "alien technology" from the Roswell crash.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It's easy to go there and to think that scientific advances are from "crashed alien technology".

Look at it this way:

Man "flew" for the first time in 1903, and since then there was soem progress, but nothing amazing, of course there was a jump during WW2, but then, "all of a sudden" in very little time we have the sound barrier broken and passed and man on the moon !! manned space flight !!! stealth technology !!

Aliens Man !!, it's aliens I tell you !!!

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Thanks for your response, Nickolas. I respect your skepticism and I understand it. Challenging assertions is an integral and necessary part of knowledge advancement.

I should have clarified this earlier, but when I said "extraterrestrials", I meant anything that is not of this earth, whether it be aliens, spirits, "angels", "demons", "gods" or "God". I don't know who or what is responsible for the circles, but my guess is that they are on the same plane with whoever built the pyramid at Giza, and that they are on our side.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    I'm an equal opportunity sceptic.

My kinda skeptic. Skepticism is without consistency is just plain ol bias.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit