For non-believers: What evidence would it take for you to believe in 'god'?

by jay88 176 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    They have been forming for hundreds of years.

And man has demonstrated ingenuity for hundreds of years.

I don't understand, PS. Not bashing, but you seem to apply a logical skepticism to the Bible. Why not maintain the same scrutiny for all extraordinary claims equally?

I'm all for hypothesizing but sometimes it sounds more like you're pretty certain about some of these pseudoscientific ideas.

(BTW, I can't access YouTube right now, I'll have to watch it later... this is just based on some recent posts.)

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Watch it, SweetBabyCheezits, and then get back to me.

Sorry if I come across as "certain" on some things... it's something I need to work on.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I will, and personally I'd love to believe something greater than man is interacting with us. (I'd be shocked if other life doesn't exist in the universe but that's irrelevant here.)

Still, the image I posted of a crop circle above (designed by John Lundberg) was also one of the images you posted. It doesn't lend credence to claims that these originate with ET when someone can google crop circles and debunk one of the intricate designs in two minutes. To me, that implies a desire to believe might be compromising your critical thinking.

I could be wrong - I'm just throwing that out there. Please don't take offense. I hope critical thinkers on this board would do the same for me.

• bohm
    bohm

prodicalson: you post a crop circle formed AS THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER and claim that is evidence of aliens?!?!?!

its just hilarious. Let me guess, the flying spaghetti monster crossed the galaxy in a flying saucer?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

LOL. Nice try, but crop circles are nothing new, and they are not all hoaxes. They have been forming for hundreds of years. The hoaxes are to discredit the real ones, for the same reason that your ruling elite have covered up alien visitation.

LOL? My JW brother-in-law scoffs like that too when you tell him that mankind's been around more than 6,000 years, or Noah's Ark was impossible, or Armageddon is not just around the corner, or ...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ok, I gotta ask, where did this "flying spagehetti monster" thing come from ??

• bohm
    bohm

psac, the top-right crop circle is formed after the FSM.

• SweetBabyCheezits
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

LMAO !!

Where do you guys find this stuff ??

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I've often wondered if Adam is the perfect man, then why is he so, um, modestly endowed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit