For non-believers: What evidence would it take for you to believe in 'god'?

by jay88 176 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

jay,

Define "God." It makes a big difference about how I would respond. But I will, if you just define your assertion that is begged from your question.

Farkel

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

First you have to clearly define what a god is and what to expect as evidence ?

In the mean time while your doing that I'll continue to support the non-profit organization known as atheism.

• still thinking
    still thinking

@punkofnice

I am hearing you. I remember when I was much younger having some very strange experiences. Lets put it this way, they certainly convinced me that there is evil in this world. So I really don't like to put much faith in voices or the like. They always smack of demons to me. In fact, the more I pray, the less of this type of thing occurs in my life.

You don't need to look to far to see who it is that is talking to invisible entities. Either the insane, or tarot card readers, clairvoyants etc. Plenty of that going on. To the point where it is so acceptable now people think you are strange if you don't participate.

The only thing I can say to you is that life is a journey and it really is never about the destination its about the journey itself. So lay back and enjoy the ride. Ask God for guidance and you will get it if thats what you genuinly want. (he might not talk to you though, hope you're ok with that....ha ha).

• wobble
    wobble

I also need a definition of "God" please , in order to respond, for all I know I may not have to respond, you may be talking about the "god" this Atheist does believe in.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Directly or indirectly, religion was the cause, and that cannot be denied.

Cause? no, I don't think so, probably just another excuse to add fuel to the fire though, BUT I am NOT well versed in the History of the tribal issues in India so you MAY be correct.

I just don't know.

But according to this link,it seems to be cultural and geopraphical:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/south_asia/2002/india_pakistan/timeline/default.stm

This has been my impression also speaking to the Hindi and Pakastani people that I know.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Religion may not be the underlying problem but it has a history of being a catalyst.

Agreed.

Organized religion tends to increase the differences and issues people already seem to have.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

and in the minds of people who believe in extraterrestrials

So what's your theory on the crop circles, Nickolas?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I have to admit, those are some amazing designs.

• bohm
    bohm

prodicalson: Your wrong because the designs are made by the flying spaghetti monster to show his awsome noodly power.

just look at the one right next to the koch snow flake which look exactly like the flying spaghetti monster!

• jay88
    jay88

Farkel- Very legitimate question which takes me to the statement given by thetrueone

In the mean time while your doing that I'll continue to support the non-profit organization known as atheism

Please define Atheism

jay,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit