I've been outed...

by brotherdan 303 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Dude: Record the JC. We need to see some live action on youtube. This is your grand chance to show the world what the JWs really are.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

BrotherDan:

He is there. For the past year my wife and I have gone through stuff that many here would not believe. During this time I too railed at God. One thing I do know; He has always been there for us. Maybe His presence was not in the manner my wife or I would have chosen, but He was there. Because I know He was there for us, I know He is there for you.

I too have lost family. I too have been blamed for the health woes of my family. "You're an apostate" they hiss, "and you caused all this." It's just a lie. It is the same lie that was spoken to Eve, "Hath God said...?"

I'm praying for you.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I was waiting patiently for Outlaw's post....

....and my patience was rewarded. Who delivers 10 out of 10 times? Outlaw.

• dgp
    dgp

I think Jamie Bowers is so right. I can perhaps glimpse what this is like, but you have got to be practical, Daniel. You have to keep your cool.

Many people live with the disease, which is perfectly treatable. It looks so terrible now, but over time it won't.

Everyone has said this, but it doesn't hurt to repeat that you didn't cause her condition and, therefore, you shouldn't take any blame for it nor give in to any blackmail because of it. She is sick, and you love her, and she will need you, et cetera, but the cold fact is that she is blackmailing you.

She had these seizures and blamed them on you. Right away, she kicks you out. When you are weak and sick, do you really stop to think about kicking the apostate out of the home? I have the hunch that she had been thinking about this before, and the seizures, despite their being very real, are but the icing on the cake, if you understand what I mean.

Not that I can be sure, of course, but, is it only now that the elders want to disfellowship you? I don't think so. I can't say whether their scheduling the judicial committee at this exact time is more than a coincidence, but I am sure they are a bunch of bastards to put a family through that precisely when the wife is at the hospital.

I wouldn't go back to the cult if I were you. You're the only hope for your kids to eventually have support outside. Your rights as a father will help them. I wouldn't go back if I were you.

I came here because I loved a witness. She wouldn't give up her beliefs for me. In fact, she rejected me, among other things, because she saw me as someone who would die in a snap of the fingers when the Big A came. I found myself in a situation where I thought that, if I accepted the cult, I could have her. But then I realized I wouldn't. Something else would always come first. The solution was not in my going down the same hole she was in, but in staying out if she ever were to want out. She won't. She'll probably die in the cult. For some time I wanted to sort of be there, so she would have someone, but that didn't work either. Well, I have myself. Your situation is very different because your kids and parents are in, but I think that only changes the difficulty of arriving at a decision, not how correct it is to stay out.

From what I saw on a thread, you're a young man and have a long life ahead of you. Make this pain worth it. Stand your ground.

• whereami
    whereami

Daniel... my heart goes out to you. I'm in a very similar situation at home. Not only am I a evil apostate, but an atheist too!!!! Try that on for size.

My lovely wife is a staunch Jw. Very hardcore. She constantly cries at the fact that I'm the worst kind of disfellowshipped person. She's also blames me for losing the friends and social network that we once enjoyed in the hall. I can see in her eyes sometimes when she looks at me she's looking at a dead person. We were planning on starting a family, something I always wanted to be was a daddy, but she has erased that dream from me as long as we remain together. It's not easy my friend as you can see.

At this moment I refuse to give up on our marriage. I love her with every fiber of my body. I refuse to let this cult kill the love that's still there between us. Try to keep a leveled head at this momemt. It's very easy to do something you really might regret later on. Hang on and be patient with her. The best you can do is continue to give her and your kids unconditional love at all moments. Show her that you love her and value your marriage despite whatever might happen to you in the congregation. Remind her you fell in love with her, not her the JW.

And for yourself, take a moment to breath. DO NOT BLAME YOURSELF DAN!!!! This is not your doing. Remember, this cult has taken your wifes rational mind from her. Stay focused, and at this moment be there for her. I don't believe as you do in a god that intervenes, but if that's what gives you strength so be it. Use it to help yourself through this difficult moment.

Hang in there my friend. We're all pulling for you.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Brother DramaQueen,

First of all, your wife's doctors should do an MRI to see if there is a tumor in her skull that causes the seizures. There may also be other reasons for the seizures, but NONE OF THEM is that "you are apostate." So find better more rational doctors.

Second, I'm an atheist. Soon you will be too. Your invisible friend let you down? Maybe that's because he's NOT REAL. DOH!

"God is a construct by which we measure our pain." -- John Lennon

How's your pain right now? How's your boy's pain?

• whereami
    whereami

Come on guys give him a break. This isn't easy for him.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

The doctors could not find a reason, but said that most likely it was brought on my stress.

My husband's been through a lot of health problems, and "brought on by stress" is doctor-speak for "WE HAVE NO FREAKIN IDEA WHAT CAUSED THIS" Over the years, i have heard SO many people go to a doctor for various symtpoms, and if they can't find anything in their med school flow chart, they brililantly pronounce it to be ..... .STRESS!

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Dan - I dont have a clue about who you are - you are just another poster in an anonymous forum and as such I'd be wary of giving you any advice (but hell I will anyway) since you sound pretty emotionally charged at the moment (your posts are all over the place at one minute up to fight the world at the next a seemingly broken victim submitting.) You may be making this up or you may be going through a terrible trauma. Either way you are posting like someone who is a sitting on TNT while playing catch with a detonator. TNT rarely improves anything. So my observations - and they are worth jack because you'll do whatever you are going to do anyway.

1 - You will be a different person tomorrow (once you acclimatise.) That person will be more emotonally detached and much more rational. Tomorrow is almost always the best day to make emotional choices.

2 - Kid(s) are involved. Your priority - as a parent - is not yourself or your wife. What will be best for them? - and ask an objective outsider to act as a sounding board. It is unlikely that their best interests are in you leaving home and leaving them to be brain raped by a cult.then again if you are going to have several episodes of emotional combustion then their best interest may be in not seeing you self destruct.

3 - Ignore the religion's attempt to coerce you. Its power lies in influence. If you cease to be influenced it's just white noise. Confront people like the parents; do not allow politness or 'respect' for belief to get in the way of lasering in on any interference and removing it immediately. Religion is immoral - it just often takes a crisis to see why.

4 - Things I would do: Change locks, change the telephone number (and make sure I told no one about the new one), empty the bank accounts into accounts with my name soley on them. Ensure I got legal advice. Remove anything from the house that is of personal value to and put it in storage or with a personal friend (photos etc.) Get a PO box and filter the mail. Get the house in order and get ready to fight, legally and resolutely. Get a tape recorder and tape everything the parents or religious ppl say. Invaluable in getting harrassment orders and banning them.

5 Remember this is a central tenet of this cult - splitting families up. You may not see your parents again. Tough. You must not allow them to steal your child(ren). Parents are not innocents - dont allow them to declare war on you. The parents must realise they will never see the grandchildren again if they so much as hint at shunning.

• Scully
    Scully

But my babies need their mama. She is such a good mama besides being a JW. I can't rip them away from her. I, though, am a fucking loser. I will not take them away from her.

Your babies need their daddy too. Who else do they have to protect them from this effing cult? Are you prepared to let those dumb$h!t Elders™, in the event of an emergency with your children where blood transfusion is an issue, tell your wife to sacrifice your babies on the WTS's altar?

Consider this:

"And you must say, 'Hear the word of Jehovah, O you kings of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem. This is what Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, has said: "Here I am bringing a calamity upon this place, of which when anyone hears, his ears will tingle; for the reason that they have left me and have proceeded to make sacrificial smoke in it to other gods whom they had not known, they and their forefathers and the kings of Judah; and they have filled this place with the blood of the innocent ones. And they built the high places of the Ba'al in order to burn their sons in the fire as whole burnt offerings to the Ba'al, something that I had not commanded or spoken of, and that had not come up into my heart."'" - Jeremiah 19:3-5.

"'For the sons of Judah have done what is bad in my eyes,' is the utterance of Jehovah. 'They have set up their disgusting things in the house upon which my name has been called, in order to defile it. And they have built the high places of To'pheth, which is in the valley of Hinnom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, a thing that I had not commanded and that had not come up into my heart.'" - Jeremiah 7:30, 31.

Child sacrifice in the service of false gods was so abhorrent to Jehovah that it was the basis for his rejection of Israel as his chosen people and their subsequent destruction. It was something he "had not commanded" and "had not come up into [his] heart". Anyone requiring the sacrifice of a child's life in Jehovah's name, therefore, is as APOSTATE as the Israelites were in Jeremiah's day. The Elders™ and the Organization™ they work for are APOSTATE. If you allow them to drive a wedge between you and your wife and kids, they won't bat an eye about letting your babies die like that, because that's what APOSTATES do - they are all about depriving people of LIFE and liberty and the pursuit of happiness. No Elder™, no Circuit Overseer™, no District Overseer™ or Governing Body™ member cares about your babies the way their mother and you do. Don't let those assclowns deprive you of your children. EVER.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit