So me, of all people, had a religious experience

by sabastious 363 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When adding one hand to the next, I don't need to say it is 1-in-25 times for the second hand nor 1-in-125 times for the third hand because we already eliminated all the possibilities where the first hand was not a "King-Small" then we eliminated all the possibilities where the second hand was not a "King-Small."

I am not saying that one out of every forty times you play eight hands, you will get such a streak. I am saying that the odds diminish as you go on within a streak and it is not as rare as one might think to get these occurances.

• sabastious
    sabastious

This is what I am hearing:

"Your experience was not supernatrual because it can be explained."

This is an answer to a question I didn't ask because I already I know it could have been just probability. That is over and done with and in the books as a viable explanation. Of course, there could be other explanations and no one can deny this.

If someone came up to you asked you for one of your coins and flipped it on tails 100 times in a row you'd be astounded. If it was a trick you'd be entertained if some other power was used to accomplish such a feat your world now changes. Do you see the drive? Can you at least give me a bone? Other than "the little tike is having fun."

-Sab

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Besides, you didn't even ask for the miracle "King-Small" hand. And of the four sentimental hands you listed on page 7 of this thread, "King-Small" had the greatest odds of occuring.

I am done. I promise not to throw any more math or doubt on this thread. Enjoy the miracle. I will read your thoughts, but move on. Watch out if you go to Vegas.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I gotta take a break. OTWO I just want you to know that I really appreciate you taking the time to respond, I really do.

-Sab

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Time I opted out of this conversation, too.

Apologies to those with whom I was blunt and insensitive.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    You seem adept at name calling, Robdar.

You seem adept at being obtuse.

I didn't know using an adjective to describe your on board persona was calling you a name, Nic. So, let's see, when you used adjectives such as intolerant, pushy, unhappy, irrational and negative to describe Journey On, you were calling her names? You should be ashamed of yourself for being so hypocritical.

I'm still waiting for you to post your latest serious contribution to humanity.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I think if God exists his contact with humans is a slippery slope. You give them one miracle and they start killing people again.
    Yea, so just give 'em cancer and earthquakes instead.
  • SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Who needs a ? Anybody?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Is it 5 o'clock somewhere?

• Robdar
    Robdar

A little after 5:00 here. I am sure that somewhere its must be getting close to 4:20. Anybody need a light?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit