Were you 'alive in '75' and how was that year for you?

by punkofnice 179 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Kaik -

As Finkel had said, WT will drop 1914 entirely and will deny that had ever mentioned Jesus return in that year. Many JW will node will not worry about it, because it is a new light. The issue for GB and WT is to find another resonable date, and model various date calculation to it.

I get the feeling with the way the WBT$ has dumbed everything down that the 1914 scam will just be swept under the rug.

I also feel they won't set another date or make calculations either because the internet will expose their stupidity (as usual).

They will hope it all just goes away. If they have to there will be some hilarious 'new light(TM)' for us to split our sides laughing at......rather like the 'overlapping(TM)' gag they showcased.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why have these noted dates /years fail to actually being truthful such as 1914 , 1925, 1975 ?

Mostly because the leading men of the WTS. created them to enhance the distribution of the literature they produced and to establish a semblance of power toward themselves.

JWS aren't being subservient to Jehovah or god's will, they are being designed, trained, and brainwashed to be subserviently loyal to a man made religious publishing house.

There is a difference.

• kaik
    kaik

punkofnice, I do not believe that JW and WT can have their theology without some fixed date. From early origin of the organization till today, they been running their show and sham based on some key historical event as a proof and validation of their own existence. They believed that Justinian sack of Rome was prophecied, so did Napoleon's imprisonment of Pope in 1799:

We have thus shown that 1799 began the period called the Time of the End; that in this time Papacy is to be consumed piece-meal; and that Napoleon took away not only Charlemagne's gifts of territory (one thousand years after they were made), but also, afterward, the Papacy's civil jurisdiction in the city of Rome, which was recognized nominally from the promulgation of Justinian's decree, A.D. 533, but actually from the overthrow of the Ostrogothic monarchy A.D. 539--just 1260 years before 1799. This was the exact limit of the time, times and a half of its power, as repeatedly defined in prophecy. [Studies in the Scriptures]

WT need date, as they had 1799, 1874, 1914, 1925, 1975, etc. They cannot justify their theology without specific year as they are end doom group with all effort dedicated to preach the threat of the "A". WT will eventually abandon 1914 and will whitewash the nonsense and disappear it in the history. Right now it is still liability and there are many aged boomers who joined in the decades when 1914 was the beginning of the invisible Jesus's reign. Until this generation is alive, they need to keep 1914, but it will not be abandoned overnight.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

kaik - Let's see what interesting 'new light(TM)' the WBT$ has in store. I don't know when they last set an actual date.....from memory the nearest they got was this :-

Watchtower 1989 January 1 p.12
    "He was laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century."
    (The 1989 Watchtower used the term "in our 20th century" in the magazine, but this was changed to "in our day" for the bound volume and subsequent CD library.

They are sneaky aren't they!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

"...we don't have to guess what the year 1975 means if we read the Watchtower. ...And don't wait 'till 1975. The door is going to be shut before then....As one brother put it, "Stay alive to Seventy-Five..."---- Wisconsin Sheboygan District Overseer Brother Charles Sunutko 1967.

"Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end."----Kingdom Ministry May 1974 p.3

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The biggest contradiction with the teachings of this organization is that it creates "lies" to make

a supposed "Truth" fostered from its marketing agenda as a publishing house.

Then further lies are created in a form of denial regarding those previous lies, so essence they make up

lies to cover their past lies.

Ironically people who are JWS upon coming to someone they don't know ask " Is he or she in the truth? "

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I was an Eight year old Kid growing up happily with loving (Protestant Christian) parents in India. Had the Freedom to do anything, what kids are allowed to do. Weekends Especially were of the greatest Joy. Hanging out and playing with neighbouring kids. Never knew of such a CULT or its Doomsday Message at that time.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The leaders of this publishing cult (WTS) have always developed its own doctrines which were essentially

marketing vehicles for the publishing house.

To those who opposed those corrupt doctrines they were quickly deemed evil, unchristian or spiritually weak

and they were muzzled by disfellowshipping.

So the WTS. had its marketing strategy wrapped up with strict enforcement.

The GB just recently came out and said in the Awake that in the past the GB of the WTS. made

some mistakes on their understanding and predictions, which in reality that too is a lie for they

were created with a specific intent at heart.

• dugout
    dugout
    What?????????? Armageddon did come in 1975 it was just invisible!!!!!!!!!!!! I was a 19yr MS chasing them horny or should I say them wanting to get married sisters. Man I had a ball in 1975. It flew right over my head. 1976 was my favorite year. Was dating three sisters at one time. One pioneer sister, she was the horniest of them all. She had her own place. I was there at least twice a week. One day we were making out hot, when two of her pioneer partners stopped by. Told her not to answer the door. but they knew she was there, Tried to straighten up real quick. But forgot to straighten out her hair, it was all over the place. They were staring at her in disbelief the hold time. We laugh about that when I see her today. guess what she still pioneering
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    dugout10 minutes agoWhat?????????? Armageddon did come in 1975 it was just invisible!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, yeah!
    You obviously weren't reading the signs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit