Were you 'alive in '75' and how was that year for you?

by punkofnice 179 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

its interesting how many posters on here--2 years ago--no longer do. i wonder what happened to them.

As long as they've not gone back to the vile cult, good on 'em!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The most alarming thing about this scam is that most JWS didn't know that the WTS. once before used this 6000 years dating scam previously 70-80 years ago.

There's not much open transparency between the WTS heads and the public or fellow JW members..

Why be honest and forthright when doing so might crack the notion that god is NOT directing this organization..

You build yourself up on lies and you stay with the lies.

1914 was another whopper of a lie which is now becoming a thorn in the side for the WTS..

They will probably drop that too eventually and just say well we are just imperfect men.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

the WTS. once before used this 6000 years dating scam previously 70-80 years ago.

Proving yet again they are just a money making business not a real religion. It screams cult all the way.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Armageddon? There were much scarier things on our minds in 1975...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPi40lQetew

• billythekid46
    billythekid46

Apropos. What is inherent in others not necessarily the true meaning. We believe what we wish to believe as it suits our own understanding. Can one be objective with so many variables? If someone can answer without commenting on other people works and publications or by not repudiating someone else’s idealism, am all ears, impress me. How many thousands of publications have been written on the end of days? Does any remember the works of Nostradamus? Other religions as well. If you’re going to berate one religion, then take out your list to insult them all.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

It fucked me up badly until I was about thirteen, after the Middle School counselor asked why I was a nervous wreck, she helped me get away from all the pounds of fear we ate. I was scared of the "Birds Great Feast" and worrying all my childhood friends were going to die. I had a very unhealthy fear of Death, why, because from infantcy we were told 1975 was going to be ugly and kill off everyone who was non-JWs, we were kept afraid because nobody was as righteous as the Company Men who pounded the fear of death in everyone's head and made our hearts sink with FEAR!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We believe what we wish to believe as it suits our own understanding.

I agree. Confirmation bias methinks.

Can one be objective with so many variables?

What variables do you refer to?

If you’re going to berate one religion, then take out your list to insult them all.

Cam on gavnar, leave it aht! Gordon bennet me ol' cock sparrah.

Since when did speaking of the history of a 'faith' become a case of 'berrating' or an 'insult'?

You need to remember this is a JW specific thread...specific to 1975.

I see you feel the need to defend the watchtower(R) but this is not a thread about other religions predicting 1975 as the end.

This is also a forum that is mainly of interest to the EX-JWs.

To bring other religions into this is 'fogging' the issue and adding a 'red herring' to divert attention from the 'organization(R)' being discussed.

Have you thought about starting a thread about them fings gavnar?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

RottenRiley - I am so so sorry at what you experienced. The whole 1975 scam messed with me as a teenager too. In fact the fear mongering and mind control hasn't done me much good in life at all.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Billy the Kid. ..Jehovers Witnesses and 1975 needs saying, needs telling, and who better to say and tell it than those that lived through it...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

NH&H

and who better to say and tell it than those that lived through it...

Well said.........and there are a lot of us that DID live through it and remember it very well......and what was actually said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit