Guilt over Self-Pleasuring as a Dub. You?

by Lari 59 Replies latest social relationships

• DIM
    DIM
    DIM, I stand corrected! And I'm sorry I ever brought up the whole "Onan" thing for Christ's sake!

Hi Daniel, its funny to see how a couple of beers made me sound mean in my post last night, sorry about that.

• Scully
    Scully

The whole organization is guilt and shame based. They WANT you to feel guilty and ashamed of the most natural of instincts.

I used to question why Jehovah would create humans with the capacity to feel pleasure in engaging in "self-abuse", as the WTS so eloquently referred to it. If we were created with the ability to enjoy it, and then told that we weren't allowed to engage in it, it seems like God deserves the Marquis de Sade Award.

It's like giving a brand new bike to a kid and telling him he's not allowed to use it until he's got a driver's licence. Pure stupidity.

Considering all the stress the WTS dumps on people with time demands and such, self-pleasuring seems like a fairly simple way to let off some steam. Exercise is good too, but not exactly something you can do when it's 2am and you're laying there wide awake, unable to get back to sleep while everyone else in the house is asleep.

Just my 2ยข worth
    Love, Scully

In the desert things find a way to survive. Secrets are like this too. They work their way up through the sands of deception so men can know them. - The X Files

• Lari
    Lari

I'm glad to know I wasnt the only one naive enough to go to the Elders for help.

I read the Young People chapter, tossed all my snug jeans and everything. Damn - now I want em' back!

• LB
    LB

Wait a second, women MASTURBATE????

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

LB, LOL!

I remember reading the "Young People Ask" book about that. I tried and tried, and... well... things happened anyway.

Anyway, afterward, I felt MUCH better!

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

LB says:

Wait a second, women MASTURBATE????

....LMAO

Scully says:

It's like giving a brand new bike to a kid and telling him he's not allowed to use it until he's got a driver's licence.
    ...LOL...I like that analogy. I'll have to write that down for future reference.

Fortunately, I've never been a dub. Never had to feel a bit of guilt .

sadie

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I remember feeling really guilty about it as a young'un. (Baptized at 17, didn't get married till 26, you do the math). Never really slowed me down that much; I think I quit once for about a week and a half, then gave up trying (not sure I could do a week and a half now without some sort of sexual release, and I'm 49 and a newlywed - imagine how hard it was to do that at 18 or 19). But I was somewhat relieved to note, even at that tender age, that masturbation wasn't actually mentioned in the Bible, much less condemned. I couldn't help thinking that if it was all that important to God that we didn't do it, he'd have at least slipped a hint into the Bible somewhere.

SaintSatan said:

The elders really did try to help. Of course they referred me to the mags on that subject. Also, the usual: keeping busy, visiting old people, no spicy food,
    Can someone explain to me why the heck spicy food is supposed to make you want to masturbate? I've never in my life jerked off because I had a bowl of chili...

DakotaRed said:

As to feeling guilt over it, maybe if you decide to "bop the baloney" a few times a day, I might be inclined to believe you have a problem.
    Shoot, then the elders were right back then, I did have a problem...

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• felix a
    felix a

Valis,

The former Bethelite came from MI. While I was a pioneer I worked with this congregation, that is up to the time I went to the house. This particular Young witness served at Bethel during the ninties. He was asked to leave after going to the bro's for help with his problems and not being able to get his problem under control. The feelings that he left Bethel with were ones of disgrace and failure. It was shortly after returning home that he killed himself. Much to his parents and sister's dispair.

I do beleive naming him on this forum or any other would not be of any real value or serve any higher purpose. Merely titalating... And my purpose was not to titalate but to highlight the level of despair this teaching that masturbation is a sin can cause in some individuals. I do beleive that there are some here who might recognize his name or at least his families name if they come from the SE Michigan area.

felix a

"Vision is the art of seeing things invisible"
    Swift

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

I suffered terrible guilt over it...and I started petting my petals when I was just a little girl. At that time, I just thought it was something marvelously wonderful...touch myself "down there" in the right way, and all of a sudden there were stars in my eyes...wheeeeee! But, when my mom discovered what I was doing, (which I did not try to hide at the time, since I had no idea that what I was engaging in was a sin), she gave me the very real lecture about how our sexual organs were only to be used for pleasure once we were married. Thus began a years-long battle with the problem of self-abuse. (What a phrase! Self-ABUSE? LOL...LOL...LOL!!) It's funny because my mom had told me that it was a problem that many christians had to deal with...and she counselled me, and studied all of the articles in the mags and the "Youth" book with me. She even sat me down and read me something from the bible, (I think it may have been in the book of Solomon), regarding how a stranger was not to be enticed by the breasts of a foreign woman. Now, how that was supposed to help me, (especially as a female), I'm not sure. What I do know is that I was totally turned on by the thought of some stranger being intoxicated by the breasts of some foreign female...and after that helpful session, I was off doin' the nasty with myself again. lol After numerous upon numerous sessions as I grew up of me coming to my mom in tears to confess that I had yet again "transgressed", she finally told me that whatever I had done was between me and Jehovah, who has forgiven me, and that I did not need to confess to her every time it happened. LOL, LOL, LOL...she just got tired of hearing the same old thing fifty times a week!

• rhett
    rhett

Oh yeah, I remember thinking I was about to be killed when their tiny version of god came after everyone that was bad because I jerked off. Now, I just think of doing the deed as snacking. Sure its nice when you don't have time for a full meal but nowhere near as filling.

I don't feel like Satan but I am to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit