Guilt over Self-Pleasuring as a Dub. You?

by Lari 59 Replies latest social relationships

• kenny2
    kenny2

I was going to respond to this but I'm sorry, I'm having a real hard time seeing the screen and I forget what we were talking about here.

• Helen
    Helen

Me? never ever ever never ever ever.........where in hell did I put my glasses?

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

It may not be in recent literature, but the majority of witnesses I knew equated Onanism with masturbation. Either which way, they said, you were "spilling your seed." Of course, you could argue against this due to the fact that they say self pleasure for women is wrong also. Plus birth control is a "matter of conscience". Hell, all I know is that if more JWs used birth control, the world would be a much better place....

• Satanus
    Satanus

William

The elders really did try to help. Of course they referred me to the mags on that subject. Also, the usual: keeping busy, visiting old people, no spicy food, careful about television. Some of them prayed for me. Their prayers stopped ascending at the ceiling. I'm glad to be almost guilt free now.

SS

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

No tight jeans, sleep on your back, physical activities, get a hobby I heard them all. But brother Elder I already have a hobby...

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• DIM
    DIM
    Plus birth control is a "matter of conscience".

I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about. Certain forms of birth control are not allowed (such as the morning after pill) but it would be that way with any pro life group. The only thing that is a matter of conscience is a vasectomy or the equivalent on a girl (i have no idea what that is called)...

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

I have to agree with SixofNine...the Tower explicity states that the "sin" Onan committed was that of deliberately avoiding the continuation of his brother's bloodline by spilling his seed. They have been very clear in discussing this in their literature for as long as I can remember that their view is that Onan's sin was not even remotely tied to masturbation.

And to answer the question posed...YES,YES! Guilty over and over. *grin*

• felix a
    felix a

I remember the level of guilt that I had regarding my masturbation as a teenager and at Bethel. In my mind it was my secret sin that I battled with. Now all I can say is who cares, I don't...

I do have to say that the level of guilt I laid on myself as a nice righteous young man was nothing compared to others and their feelings of guilt over doing it. The guilt I felt was significantly less than what was felt by some I knew. One young brother a few years ago who left Bethel over this particular problem as he perceived it ended up commiting suicide over the shame that he felt he brought on to himself and his family over the matter.

felix a

"Vision is the art of seeing things invisible"
    Swift

• Valis
    Valis

Felix, that is a pretty bold statement about Bethelite commiting suicide. Can we have a name please to cross reference with death records please? Oherwise, hearsay and sensational posts don't go too far.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

How many think the elders went home and made love to their wives?

How many think the elders went home and j****d off?_____

How many think the elders went home and prayed?______

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit