Guilt over Self-Pleasuring as a Dub. You?

by Lari 59 Replies latest social relationships

• Lari
    Lari

I'm wondering if any of you suffered major guilt over getting yourself off while a Dub. Or did you all manage to abstain until you left? I know it was one of the main reasons I left. I was one hell of a horny teen-ager and felt like all the work I did in the Cong was for nothing once I gave in to my baser instincts. I got tired of trying to balance the scales. Do bad, repent, do good to make up for it. Yikes.

2 Years ago, at age 20, I even went to the elders about it. I mean I was seriously trying to be devout. Was I the only one who was awash in guilt over this?

• openminded
    openminded

You actually went to the elders with this? Wow! That must have been exciting for them.

Guilt is a tool.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

ur so gay

• Valis
    Valis

lari, by the time I figured out what it was and how to do it I could care less about what the JWs had to say about it.

NYT..you're the biggest jackofficer here so what's your problem? Besides being an overall ass....

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• mindfield
    mindfield

I sooo understand you... like you, I was (am...) a horny teenager. In the beginning, I was overwhelmed by guilt, but as I checked out the WT's defense against "getting off", I found their "proof" wasn't big enough. It just didn't convince me. So I simply continued. And probably will for the next few years...

Too many details?

• Lari
    Lari

Hindsight and all - I realize that going to the Elders was a stupid thing. But I was "spiritually ill" and I was trying to go by the book. Guess what? A couple months later it was announced that one of the elders I met with was DFed - I mean, he faked some docs and got himself back into a cong, as an elder even. But then ran off with some young girl.

So, hmm. maybe he did get a little too excited.

• Lari
    Lari

No, I was not that young girl.

• Geordie
    Geordie

No guilt here.
    It was a kinda hobby of mine when i was young lol.

Just a thought though.
    If god made us in his image, with both hands and genitals, whats he going to do with his time when theres a paradise on earth and everyone is perfect?

Hmmmmmmmm.

• Sunbeam
    Sunbeam

Hey Geordie,

Does your name mean you're a northerner?

Just wondering...

Sunbeam (in Gateshead)
    xxxx

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

There was always a “high bar” I was chasing. It would be meeting attendance, answering, hours in field service and on and on. Got worse as an Elder. Never met that bar...how exhausting! Guilt city....

“We all fell down from the milky way, hanging around here for the judgement day, heaven only knows who’s in command.”- Jimmy Buffet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit