The story of Punkofnice. It was the 'Overlapping' that finally got me out!

by punkofnice 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The overlapping is what woke me up as well. After about 6 months of trying to rationalizing it, I finally thought, These guy are bullshitting me! And that naturally led to the next question, what else have you been bullshitting me about? Then 607, Hmmmm why when I go to the Jewish musem in NYC it says 587...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Wow! My story. I'd almost forgotten about this!

I have my own aposta-facebook account now................

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002619536657

HOW HAPPIFYING!!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks for sharing, Punk.... It was different from what I might have expected, given your irreverent style of posting, but I like it...

In fact we seem to have a lot in common . Our wives have health issues and we have tussled with the same questions, although I was long out before the overlapping generation was invented. The seeds of real doubt, I think, go back to the first revision of that scripture in the mid nineties when I could see that they were just making it up to cover the failed prediction.

Re Judicial Committees, I had the same misgivings. I can recall at first losing sleep with the burden of having the miscreants salvation on my decision. Then I reasoned that we were just applying (what I believed was ) Bible Law for the Congregation..His salvation still belonged to God...I sooned learned to disregard any notion of Holy Spirit at work in the BOE...Come on ! anyone could see through that...but it sounded good for the bros....

So I am glad to have read your story .....I hope that Sister Punk gets better , CFS is a swine...and I may add that Sister Blues is just as unrelenting in her faith, but we carry on ...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

BluesBro - I don't mean to be offensive but after a lifetime of surpressing the real me I'm finally out with a vengence. I'm a different geezer to what I appear here as my FB aposta-friends have discovered!

Sorry about your Mrs.

Fellow Brit Punky!

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

IMO Punk, your 'vengeance' still DOESNT amount to apostasy.

I believe you severely dislike the Watchtower for just the same reason as many others, and you are working directly against it, not because you do not believe in Jesus Christ, but because you simply HATE the way that the organisation has had a negative and shocking influence over your and your loved ones lives. In their eyes you are an apostate. In Jesus' you are not.

Lets hope that one day in the near future everyone will wake up to the bullshi* which they have been fed for the last 130 years, start reading the bible and realising that this isnt the truth, then people can actualy start living and putting faith in Jesus, as opposed to a bunch of men sitting around a conference desk in Crooklyn.

Timmy xxx

• james_woods
    james_woods

Great thread.

Once your eyes have been opened, you ccannot shut them again and not still see.

• garyneal
    garyneal

good deal

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Friend request sent...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Tim - Thanks my good fellow. As the Who sang: 'Can ya see the REAAAALLL me?' Well that's my song now and I'll do what it takes to wake people up to the lies of the bOrg. I don't want to draw away followers to myself but just rescue them so they can go their own way in life and find 'themselves'....the REAALLL them!

James_woods - True that! a bell once rung cannot be un-rung. If a tree falls in a forrest and no one is there to hear it, do..........I'll quit whilst I'm ahead!

Garyneal - Good deal...........................oh, that rhymes!!!

Botzwana - I'll look out for it when I'm home............I'm on UK time

Oddly enough re-reading my intro reminded me of a 'testimony' you see on some sites. KEWLIO!!!

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Hey there Unky!!! I've missed chatting with you this week.

You've given your boys a wonderful opportunity. There is still hope for your wife & daughter. I hope your daughter awakens while still young.
    Even though JW's will never admit it but they lost a force for good and being among ego tripping elders they notice your absence.
    I'm glad you've crossed over to the other side. Isn't life grand!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit