The story of Punkofnice. It was the 'Overlapping' that finally got me out!

by punkofnice 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

discreetslave - I've missed out chats too. I've not been in a position to go on FB at home much, especially not the Punk Ofnice alter ego as I've been surrounded by family or busy with the charity work I do after work. Plus I'm on UK time so when you're around mid day I'm off to bed! ((HUGS)) to you.

I posted one of your groovy vids on my Pon page thanks.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

What is it with JWs n cfs? I got I too, after a struggle with my mental health (courtesy of some sickness I'd got upstate and then exacerbated by wt n healing hindered by wt) when I got bit by an animal and spent a few nites in hospital on iv meds. But most ppl wouldn't still b recovering after a year n a half, but as a Jw...

Sorry bout what happened to you Punk. You know I think you're a really cool guy. But if someone who's been all along the wt like u can wake up because of the crap he sees first hand, then others can too! This new rewriting of the fds teaching will surely show others the door too.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Julia Orwell - Yes. CFS does seem very prevalent in the JWs. I have no evidence for this but am of the impression for what I've read, that CFS can be triggered by cognitive dissonance caused by the double speak of dangerous cults. The WBT$ are masters of this.

People say I'm too laid back until I'm on a mission then I'm an oncoming storm!

• Scott77
    Scott77

marked for later reading

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Good to read mister punk, i know some time has passed, but i dont know your current situation regarding your wife... We have travelled similarly parallel paths, I'm hoping it doesn't necessarily go the same way with my missus....

Thanks for posting. Always a right rivetting read.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Captain Blithering - Thanks. The JW daughter left and my wife moved in with her last August. I have been left, since then, to look after the 2 non JW sons we have. All apostates(TM) together.

I'm fighting my way thru this as best I can.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Aww Bummer man, sorry to hear it's not worked out so well.. Maybe things will turn around for ya, I hope so.

• goodsoul
    goodsoul

punkofnice, thanks a lot for your story, my friend. I admire you and wish you the best- you deserve it because of your honesty and honor.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Somehow I missed this when it was first posted.

I cheered for you as I read about your self-deprogramming, and I sighed for you when I read that your wife and daughter have moved out of the house.

You have my best wishes and I hope your happiness increases. I hope your boys appreciate you.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

What's with all these wives who leave when their men stop being JWs? When the non JW man's beating the wife, she's told to stay with him and take the punches and 'be more submissive'. But when the JW man stops believing but is a decent guy, she's told she can go?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit