The story of Punkofnice. It was the 'Overlapping' that finally got me out!

by punkofnice 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

welcome, keep reading it takes a lot of work n knowledge to undo the brain washing

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Right now I no longer know what I believe. Is there a God? I don’t know! Is there an afterlife? I don’t know! Are Jehovah’s witnesses the one true religion? NO! Now that I do know for sure!!!!

Only cults and fundamentalists can offer you certainty. It's not a race, so take your time and research, investigate and LISTEN to people talk about their values and strongly held beliefs. Reflect on what they've said and see if it makes any sense to you. You'll be fine.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

CFS was something I had repeatedly seen in JW women but never thought it to be unusual.

So true. Lots of sisters I know cope with depression, panic attacks, CFS, fybromalgia, etc. And also a lot of brothers are coping with depressions and psycho based food intolerances. Everybody looks tired and IS tired. All the guilt and the continuous 'do-more! the-end-is-near! (despite the overlapping generation) It is just 30 hours to aux pion in april, you have to do it!' is driving this poor people to their limits all the time. So many burn-outs. Wholesome theocratic activities, my A$$...

• yesidid
    yesidid

Welcome Punkofnice.

Although it is very hard, I am sure your loving attitude will eventually win over your wife.

We girls love loving men.

y

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Welcome! You and Almighty Dog have plenty in common, btw.

What's your avatar? I'm not sure if it's scary or funny...or both!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thanks for sharing.

As nugget says, I was in your position for a little while. Everyone has doubts filed in the back of their mind, even your wife. It's just using the best approach to bring them to surface.

Have you read Captives of a Concept? There are some interesting arguments you can use from the proclaimers book. Makes an "interesting family worship night discussion".

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Good deal!

It takes listening to another person's experience to rattle our heads sometimes.

Oh by the way Steven Hassan just became a Scientologist.

JUST KIDDING!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Thanks for sharing your story but so sorry about your family. At least you are finally free to figure things out for yourself. I've found that there can be tremendous freedom in uncertainty. I don't know if there's a god either, but at least I've grown up enough to consider all possibilities.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Nice to hear your feedback folks. Thanks to you all.

Mrs Punk was trying to 'witness' to me the other night by making sneering comments about the 'world' and 'false religion' and she said she can't wait for the big 'A'...SOON!

I said my usual: 'It's subject to 'overlapping'! You might have a long wait!!!'

I also commented that if the big 'A' comes watchtower stylee then god will murder me. Will she walk thru' to paradise saying: 'God killed my husband, children and close famile....yipeeeee!'

Besides getting really aggressive and angry (as usual...I try to stop being a wind up but can't).

She said she'd never heard of the 'overlapping' thing. She also has no idea who the GB are.

I now believe she simply WANTS to be a JW and doesn't care what the core doctrines are.

The hope from false delusion is better than harsh reality.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Thanks for posting your story Punk. I have never read it before coz i joined the forum a month after you posted it.

Im totaly with you here. I think you are doing a great job and i have found you quite an encouragement and also a good laugh.

Keep up the good work and continue enjoying good, warm, and loving association with people who do give a damn about Jesus Christ.

Timmy xxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit