What is your definition of a "Fundi" or a Fundamentalist?

by brotherdan 236 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

See, PSac, that's just it. I don't get you. No disrespect! But I don't understand how you can claim to be a Christian because you "like" what is said about Christ, but the ones who wrote the very account about Christ...you discredit them. If they went beyond what was written then they were deserving of death, according to scripture.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'm circumsised and had my kids circumsised. But that was just because I didn't want them to have "tin man hats" and get made fun of. Plus uncircumsized doodles are creepy to me.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

There are 1.2 billion Catholics alive today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members#Largest_denominations_in_the_world

Here is the Catholic view of Evolution:

Today, the Church's unofficial position is an example of theistic evolution, stating that faith and scientific findings regarding human evolution are not in conflict, though humans are regarded as a special creation, and that the existence of God is required to explain both monogenism and the spiritual component of human origins. No infallible declarations by the Pope or an Ecumenical Council have been made. [update]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_evolution

I've never thought of Catholics as being fundies.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Brodan, I'm not making any suggestions as I really like that you post here, but just in case you want to hook up with other ex-JW fundies who feel the same way about the Bible as you do, here they are..... (I was already banned there once and very close to a second time.)

http://www.paradisecafediscussions.net/

...it says right on the front page "....keeping a tight grip on the word of life." -Philippians 2:16

• sabastious
    sabastious

Damn LWT, Catholicism is about as big as China. That's a crazy thought!

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I'm circumsised and had my kids circumsised. But that was just because I didn't want them to have "tin man hats" and get made fun of. Plus uncircumsized doodles are creepy to me.

You are one open book dude

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    See, PSac, that's just it. I don't get you. No disrespect! But I don't understand how you can claim to be a Christian because you "like" what is said about Christ, but the ones who wrote the very account about Christ...you discredit them. If they went beyond what was written then they were deserving of death, according to scripture.

I have accepted my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, he is My truth, my way , my Path, and in his divine grace I have found peace and love for my lord, My Father and all my brothers and sisters.

In my lord I put all my trust, not the words or the world of Man, My Lord's holy spirit guides my mind, my spirit, my soul and my heart, always with love and understanding for all.

You are being judgmental Dan and viewing things how you see them, rather than as they are and that is certaibly your purogative to do.

I love my Lord and Saviour and My Beloved Father and I have placed my life and spirit into their loving Hands.

I believe My Lord died in body and was ressurected and Lives, He is the Living Word of God that can never be silenced for he Lives in US all and for those of Us that Accept Him and His Holy Spirit, that word is all we need for it is alive in Us.

I love the bible, I read it every day, I read about it and study it, as the written Word of God in Human words ( Thanks Kenton Sparks for expressing that better than I ever could) it deserves no less than serious study and devotion.

What I can't deny is that it was written by Man, falliable and fallen Man and even though God accomodated His Word to Man, there is much to learn and understand about God and Christ that is NOT in the bible but is in God's greatest creation: The Universe we live in.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Interesting chart. Should you trust ANY of these books as trustworthy copies?

Trustworthy in what sense? The greater the claims they make (eg, divine origin), the greater the body of evidence supporting those claims should be required. How many of those books claim to be the work of God?

• TD
    TD
    If something is shown to be false then why do I have to figure it out to make it fit...

But Dan... That is such a double-edged sword.

I recently read John Woodmorappe's book on the feasibility Noah's ark and cannot think of a better sentence to describe the arguments than what you have said above

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Are you saying that because the writers ( not all of them) and those the use the bibel claim it to be the word of God, that it should be held to a different standard than other historical books?

If so, what standard?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit