Is there a Logical explanation for the spooky things happening at my daughter, Ali's house?!?!!!!

by coffee_black 141 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec
    Set up a video recorder in rooms where the strange stuff happens and if you catch any poltergeist activity you will be a millionaire - yippee.

That's a good idea, actually, even if only to catch that logical explanation.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I have had the same thing Happen!!!!! I woke up to find the furniture in my dinning room had been strangely re-arranged, clothes in my attic and I was wearing my wifes Bra.......I have to stop drinking so much on Fridays.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I was wearing my wifes Bra

Did the cup size work for you?

W

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Qcmber... I agree...

But... the kids were with her, she had been in that same bed just before she left the house, the locks were changed 6 months ago and no one but Ali and the kids had a key. They have a dog, but I he isn't capable of getting a dress from the back of her closet without disturbing anything else and laying it out neatly across the bed.

The noises in the attic could be explained by maybe a racoon or similar animal... but how did Ali's sandals and sox get up there? You have to have a ladder to get up into her attic...

Ali doesn't sleepwalk. She recently had a sleep study done because she has trouble sleeping She was diagnosed with insomnia and manages at most 4 hours a night. She refuses to take sleeping pills because she is afraid to take them, because of her severe heart condition, although they are prescribed. She also has a pacemaker that is monitored remotely for any and all abnormailites...

We were thinking maybe her xhusband or possibly an x friend who used to live there, trying to play head games... but neither has the current key...and would have to have known the house would be empty for those exact 20 minutes... which Ali, herself, didn't know until she recieved the phone call to pick up David.

Still scratching my head...

Coffee

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "...but someone I know wrote about similar things, and she was told by a medium to just calmly ask them to leave or to stop."

When I first started dating my wife, we would be in bed, and she would get freaked out, saying that there was someone in the room. There wasn't. (Well, that I could see.)

This happened a couple of times, and I did the only thing I knew to do. I talked to 'it'. I told 'it', that it was welcome to be there, but it was upsetting my girlfriend, so maybe it was best for 'it' to leave. I guess 'it' did, as my wife quit seeing it.

Personally, I believe that we may have brought 'it' home with us - after having visited one of the local missions where people from the 'other side' seem to hang out a lot.

If you want to find out what may be bothering your daughter, have her get a digital voice recorder, and set it in the house - taping - when she leaves to go somewhere. See if it records anything. Or, while there, have her (again with the recorder going), talk to 'it', asking it who it is, what it wants, etc.

After a bit, turn off the recorder, and play it back. She may be surprised. She may hear someone else on the recorder, that she didn't hear with her own ears.

It's called EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon). My wife and I have actually 'captured' the voice of a little girl on the audio track of a video tape, after going on a 'ghost hunter' expedition one time.

Do I believe in ghosts and goblins? Not in the sense that we were taught as JWs. But I _do_ believe that there is something out there that we do not fully understand. Something... on the 'other side', perhaps.

Regards,

Jim TX

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Witness007

LOL!~!!

Ali can't drink... per dr's orders, due to her severe heart condition.

Coffee

• TD
    TD

If the house is on a valuable property that would be even more valuable sub-divided and developed, then there would be any number of local people who could stand to gain if the tenent moved out and the house became unrentable/unsellable.

I don't know what grade of locks your daughter installed, but most residential quality locksets are a joke. I played around with a key machine I got from my wife's grandfather after he passed away and it's scary how simple locks really are. If you've got a 5-tumbler Kwikset grade of lock, all I would need to do is get a good look at your housekey and I could go home and make one. --It's that easy

Does the home have an alarm system? These can be defeated as well, but they provide an extra layer of deterrent/protection

There are also easy and simple ways to see if someone is entering your house while you are gone. The most common that you see in the movies all the time is a tiny slip of paper in the door which falls if the door is opened, but these are limited only by your imagination. If it becomes apparent that entry doors are being opened when the weird things occur, then I think you have ruled out the paranormal.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Audio and video are both good ideas! I'll tell Ali...

Coffee

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Does the home have an alarm system? These can be defeated as well, but they provide an extra layer of deterrent/protection

My mom had one installed back in the '80s. It took me 5 minutes to find the motion detector's blind spots, so I suspect a 'pro' could do it a lot faster. I hope the technology has improved a lot since then.

W

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

TD... The doors are secured by deadbolts...and you have to have a key, both inside and outside to get in or out. The paper (or similar) idea could work, maybe... I'll tell her... The only alarm system is a very loud yellow lab, named CJ, who barks whenever anyone is in the yard....

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit