Is there a Logical explanation for the spooky things happening at my daughter, Ali's house?!?!!!!

by coffee_black 141 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I'm just completely open minded to whatever could be out there weather there is a spirit world or a parallel world that branches off from our current life, the 2 examples of the dress and sandals are very creepy though, the only experience I've ever had and it's kind of similar was when I moved to an apartment just after the divorce from my jw wife in 1995, my landlord a personal friend had a flat to rent that had previously been his elderly fathers who died in hospital from natural causes a few months before, this event happened in the first year of me living there and nothing ever happened since in the 7 years that I lived there .I had one of those small portable CD/radio players that you could carry around to any room but I kept it in the TV room most of the time, I had a particular CD I used to play a lot of an R&B singer which I quite liked and used to play it a lot,then one day I go over to the machine to switch it on and play it but it's not there, so I think that's strange search the flat cant find it and think that I must have misplaced it thought nothing more about it and think I must have lost it so proceeded to play other CD's over the next day etc etc, then a few months later I opened the machine and the CD I lost is there! I cannot make any rational explanation in how it got back in the machine, I lived on my own, rarely had visitors yet it just appeared again like that, anyone?

• Curtains
    Curtains

coffee black, how can you be sure the landlord has not given a key to someone else to keep an eye on his property and also now wants his property back? (I haven't read alll of this thread and apologise if this question has already been raised)

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Curtains, The landlord is an elderly couple in Connecticut...over a thousand miles away... and they are both ill. Ali had the locks changed (with the landlord's permission) about 6 months ago... and only Ali and her kids have keys...which are all accounted for.

The landlord does not want to sell. They have been offered a lot of money for the property over the years and have refused.

Coffee

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

jookbeard, my theory re: your unexplained phenomenon (given that it happened in a multi-disk machine) is that the CD was not quite centered in the tray, it tipped up slightly as the tray rotated and its leading edge struck a slight protuberance inside the machine. As the tray continued to rotate the CD was levered upwards where it jammed in place inside the machine, and it stayed there for several months until it finally unseated itself and fell back onto the tray.

If you think this is a plausible explanation, it is. It happened to me. I lost a CD for a couple of months then one day when I rotated the tray to change disks there was the lost CD laying on top of one of the CDs I'd been playing most recently. Mystery solved.

• TD
    TD

coffee_black

Did you know what quality of lock was installed? The vulnerability I described earlier in this thread only applies to cheap 5 tumbler locksets (Like Kwikset or Defiant (Home Depot's house brand)) and not more sophisticated 7 tumbler locks.

At any rate, a person doing this would obviously be someone familiar with her who knows when she comes and goes. (As I'm sure you realize)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

possible LC although it was not a multi disc holder player just a standard single disc type of machine

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Hi Coffee

For what this is worth I'd suggest listing the possible causes for each of the situations (however off the wall you may think they are) and then work out what you need to do to eliminate/prove each of them. Having the list in front of you and some plan of attack for each of them may help to focus your attention and prevent you from repeating actions as your investigation progresses. It also means when you look back you can be more confident that you have covered all the possibilities as far as you can.

As for those who confidently reject a paranormal explanation as a possibility: they are entitled to their opinion but that is all it is: their opinion. I do not understand the vehemence with which some express their opinion on this matter however they can be safely ignored if one adopts a logical approach. They aren't there and haven't shared your/your families experiences. I don't think it is necessary to have a firm opinion one way or another on this situation just treat it is a logic problem and work your way through it would be my suggestion. Let the evidence lead you where it will.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

It could still be the explanation, jookbeard - maybe even more likely. The laser scanner in a CD player is located below the tray (ie, the CD is inserted with the data side oriented downward.) If the CD jammed and hung up just above the tray with sufficient clearance it would be possible to continue using the player. This explanation, I think, is more plausible than spirits messing around with your head.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning CB..

Someone is messing with her..There are some twisted people in the world..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

There's a fine line between being respectful toward someone's beliefs and being patronising. However, I apologise for coming across as aggressive. I guess I am. But vehement? No. Not at all. My tendency to push back is a product of decades of exposure to people making incredulous claims solely on the basis of what they sincerely believe to be true, the proponents and apologists of the WTS being foremost. I will always, always go for the rational explanation, while others will always, always go for the mystical explanation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit