Bethel have just DENIED Jehovah's Witnesses shun ex members!!!

by Amelia Ashton 126 Replies latest jw friends

• villabolo
    villabolo

Someone might want to email her a Watchtower article which states the yearly average percentage of disfellowshipped members-it's about 1%.

Villabolo

• cantleave
    cantleave

She is aware of it, it was one of the things we discussed pre interview.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

That is a lot of people to lose and possibly they would round down numbers and not up with that kind of figure so it doesn't look quite so bad, that's if it's a truthful figure at all.

I presume it would not include people like me who have moved areas and effectively "vanished"?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    "Witnesses do not shun family members because of differences in religious beliefs. Many Witnesses have religiously mixed families and enjoy normal loving relationships together. If a family member who is a baptized Witness is disfellowshipped the spiritual ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. Accordingly, the marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings can continue. As for disfellowshipped relatives not living in the same household we apply the counsel from the Bible at 1 Corinthians: "quit mixing with them." The scriptures are sacred to us and we therefore take this counsel seriously. The degree of family contact is a personal decision based on one's Bible trained conscience. If there are consequences, these relate primarily to one's relationship with God."

This is either a lie or it is a change in policy. We should keep an eye out for subtle wording in future or current literature that can confirm or deny such a change.

-Sab

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It's a LIE

• boyzone
    boyzone

Sent my email too.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I will email her too...

fantastic thread

its about time the media took a bit more note about the WT crock of shit.

thankyou so much for the download, i cant waith to listen after work today!

oz

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Here is a new thread to post your emails (if you want to share) that you sent to the BBC

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/205238/1/Emails-to-the-BBC-regarding-the-shunning-interview-Topic-Repost

• ziddina
    ziddina

OUTLAW - great visual, man!!!

Can't Leave - I absolutely LOVE your comments!!! The fact that you used an actual quote from the Watchtower Society's OWN LITERATURE that uses the term "shunning" was absolutely PRICELESS!!!

Zid

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    "Witnesses do not shun family members because of differences in religious beliefs. Many Witnesses have religiously mixed families and enjoy normal loving relationships together.

These are not lies ..... BUT ..... they don't address the topic of disfellowshipment.

E.g. If Grandad is a born in Catholic they won't shun him, but if he was a baptised JW and left to join the Catholics he will only ever see his family when they deem it necessary for family business.

It's the same with 'religiously mixed families'. There may well be 'many' with 'normal' relationships, but they are the ones where none of the family members have joined, then left, the Watchtower, so they are not relevent to this topic.

These types of half truths are a very common tactic used by JWs to make themselves look less cultish than they really are.

Every time they answer your question you have to pause and ask yourself ....... "Did they really answer my question, or did they subtly change the subject just enough that I didn't notice?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit