Bethel have just DENIED Jehovah's Witnesses shun ex members!!!

by Amelia Ashton 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Aurelius
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

They deny that they shun because thats not in their own designated description of what they do,

which of course is disfellowshipping.

This is old new folks

Ask another religious cult who shuns certain individuals and they will deny that they disfellowship.

Its simple matter of wording.

Remember JWS are arrogant and mostly disrespectful to any organization or institution, particularly when it comes to protecting

the outward image of the WTS.

• Amelia Ashton
  • Ding
    Ding

Amelia,

Why are you surprised?

Haven't you heard of "theocratic war strategy"?

It's only lying if the person you're talking to is entitled to know the truth...

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Thank you Amelia!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Cantleave isn't the guy in the posted article, is he? 24 years old? DF'd for smoking? That article is a totally different guy, isn't it?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton
    Why are you surprised?

Because, obviously I am stupid! Duh!

• cantleave
    cantleave

No I am not, that is Nathan Phillips. I wish I was 24 again.

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Half the interview is done with Nathan Phillips then Angus has his part after, so good to listen to it all :)

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Here is what Watchtower publishes regarding shunning:

“Cooperating with the Scriptural arrangement to disfellowship and shun unrepentant wrongdoers is beneficial.”—(Our Kingdom Ministry, published by Watchtower, Aug. 2002 p. 4)

“Though various individuals have brought suit, no court has rendered a judgment against Jehovah’s Witnesses over their Bible-based practice of shunning.”—(The Watchtower, April 15, 1988 p. 29 ftn.)

“Yes, the Bible commands Christians not to keep company or fellowship with a person who has been expelled from the congregation. Thus “disfellowshiping” is what Jehovah’s Witnesses appropriately call the expelling and subsequent shunning of such an unrepentant wrongdoer.”—(The Watchtower, Sept. 15, 1981 p. 22)

My questions:

Does Watchtower expressly contradict the above statements in a recorded interview?

If so, what precisely is said?

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit