Bethel have just DENIED Jehovah's Witnesses shun ex members!!!

by Amelia Ashton 126 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Anyone want to volunteer to call Bethel and ask them which is true:
    Bethel PR statement: "Witnesses do not shun family members because of differences in religious beliefs. Many Witnesses have religiously mixed families and enjoy normal loving relationships together."
    VS.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/205265/1/How-To-Treat-A-Disfellowshipped-Person

The Bethel PR statement does not refer to DF or DA family members ......... If you phone Bethel, make sure you ask the right question and don't risk making an ass of yourself.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Black Sheep, Thanks for pointing that out...I was a bit hasty while I was composing that post and didn't read it close enough.

So yes,..... "If you phone Bethel, make sure you ask the right question and don't risk making an ass of yourself." :-)

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

The best place for this thread to go is the national BBC Radio 5 Live on AM 693 and 909 MHZ . They have a slot at 10am and would be well interested with comments from BBC radio somerset and expand on it

Can Cantleave put this forward ?

HHG

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    The best place for this thread to go is the national BBC Radio 5 Live on AM 693 and 909 MHZ .

The best place for this thread is locked away so that only forum members can see it.

The thread title alone shows how easily ex-JWs can be fooled by Bethel.

Several posters have not noticed the OP's mistake.

It's not a good look.

• shepherd
    shepherd

I don't agree at all, Black Sheep. The statement put out by WT did not really mean disfellowshipped people in the first part as you correctly point out, but it was given to answer just that scenario - in other words it was intended to deceive, so it's no surprise that people misunderstand - they were meant to!

WT is very dishonest! To all the lurkers at Bethel reading this - think about that. Would Jesus really approve of this deceit?

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Good point Shepherd

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have to agree with Shepherd too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit