Bethel have just DENIED Jehovah's Witnesses shun ex members!!!

by Amelia Ashton 126 Replies latest jw friends

• dozy
    dozy

Witnesses do not shun family members because of differences in religious beliefs. Many Witnesses have religiously mixed families and enjoy normal loving relationships together.

A classic strawman argument. This isn't the issue being addressed.

As far as JWs being DFd if they associate with DF people , I suspect that this is rare. The instruction per the elders book is that they won't be given any privileges (or would be removed). They could also be marked. In reality , JWs who do associate with DF ones tend to be quite circumspect about it. A relative of mine was DFd for remarrying when not being officially "scripturally free" to do so (we suspected her JW ex-husband had been unfaithful but he denied it & nothing could be proved.) She had to wait the usual 9 months or so until she could be reinstated. During this time the family had quite a lot to do with her and some even went away to Center Parcs with her on holiday. The elders were ( kind of ) aware of this but turned a bit of a collective blind eye.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

As far as JWs being DFd if they associate with DF people , I suspect that this is rare.

Depends on the elders - it does happen though, I have seen it.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Every time a JW has given me an example of how tolerant they are, it turns out that there is more to the story than they were telling me.

E.g. "Dad's bother left the Truth years ago and we still see him!" = Dad's brother managed to drift out without telling the family the reasons why, and the family hasn't pushed it because there are very good financial benefits to them that they lose if they throw him out, label him Apostate, and treat him like cr@p.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Come to think of it ........ My kids probably use their relationship with me as an example .........

"We don't shun my Dad and he is not a Jehovah's Witless!" Tra La la La La, tiptoe through the tulips.

Truth ................... I was never baptised. There is no requirement by the WTBTS to shun me. I'm still a potential recruit.

• inbetween
    inbetween

I agree with black sheep, to be careful what to say, otherwise holes in the argument are quickly spotted and the whole thing may crash.

Current policy regarding dfd ones is:

1) not related, if you continue having contact, despite (repeated) warning, you get yourself a JC with eventual dfd (happened in a case I personally know)

2) close relative not in the same household, no sanctions, if contact remains private (not being promoted), but no privileges in congo (and you will be considered weak by others, who know about it)

3) close relative living at home, privileges of servants may be reviewed, otherwise no sanctions. Strong advice, not to associate spirtually .

Still the argument of the Bethel speaker regarding the mother, shunning her son, being a private matter is deceiving. Granted, she is not threatend with dfd, if she would have contact, hwoever, there is lots of literatur, that stress the point, how more important loyalty to jehovah is than to a family member. The stance of the society is clear: To remain faithful you should (have to) shun dfd ones, whether they are related or not. Otherwise you loose relationship to God and endanger your eternal outlook. Mindcontrol at its best.

• flipper
    flipper

CANTLEAVE did a fantastic job describing how things go down inside the Witness cult in the interview . I'm very proud of him ! Great job my friend ! The media and entire planet needs to hear these things shouted from rooftops about the injustices going on inside the WT society

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Anyone want to volunteer to call Bethel and ask them which is true:

Bethel PR statement: "Witnesses do not shun family members because of differences in religious beliefs. Many Witnesses have religiously mixed families and enjoy normal loving relationships together."

VS.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/205265/1/How-To-Treat-A-Disfellowshipped-Person

(Thanks Bangalore)

I would love to myself, but cannot right now.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hirotaka..

Hey Bud how are you!..

Dam I have a hard time keeping up with your board names..

Good thing you let us know who you are..LOL!!

Ya your uncle Ted Jaracz was a real pain in the ass..

Maybe Satan has him shoveling coal..LOL!!

Have you heard from HS lately?..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Also she wanted to point out that she is only the presenter and the Interview and research was undertaken by Tammy MacAllister and she deserves the credit.

Would Tammy like to follow-up with more research? Should we be emailing her? Or is the ball already rolling enough and we should leave it alone?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hirotaka..

Have you heard about any changes in the WBT$ GB?..

And..

What are you writing to who..About the WBT$ GB?..

Maybe start a thread on it?..

Just make sure you let everyone know your AKA/JapanBoy..

So the thread doesn`t go off track with people trying to figure out if your legitimate or not..

...................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit