I need a show of hands: who believes the Bible and to what extent?

by Terry 206 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jam
    jam

I left the borg. in 1987, since then I have tried to understand the Bible.

I never got pass Genesis, I figure if I can not except the first book of the Bible

as truth why believe the rest.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

You can't see me, but my hand is down.

It pretty much loses me when the snake starts speaking.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Perhaps the Bible needs a rewrite. That would be an interesting exercise.

Much of what is written in it has no real value today since we cannot verify the information as well as the fact that we are coming from a completely different set of perspectives than ancient man. Our scientists, mathemeticians, scholars, researchers, etc. have shown much of it to be either contradictory or down write false. Our own experiences also help with these conclusions. In addition, some of what is in the Bible is now illegal.

The parts of the Bible that can be applied today, in our modern times, that align with True North Principles (like the ones listed by LWT) are the only things that have value to me, personally. The rest of it can be discarded.

I am halfway through this life and I have concluded that the Bible could be re-written as a pamplet or brochure.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Let's start with the OT. It's a collection, an anthology, partially made up of Jewish versions of older myths, and kabbalistic metaphysical science portrayed in metaphors and symbolism. Throw in some real history of older civilizations reworked to fit the Jews (such as the flood story), a considerable amount of lies and black magic added by Ezra and his corrupt scribes to suppress, dominate and control the masses while raking in a fortune in tithes and establishing a Zionist-type empire, and extensive prophecies by seers and psychics reading from the Akashic Record, which may or may not come true based on the free will course of action chosen by collective human consciousness. It is designed to deceive the ignorant who lack critical thinking skills to do nothing on their own while waiting for a Messiah to save them from their decrepit, worthless, lowly, sinful condition, while at the same time informing and instructing the initiates with the secret knowledge of the mystery schools.

The NT was compiled by the Roman Church many centuries after Christ, from a vast collection of writings far more extensive than what was accepted as "canon", designed to fit together with the OT Messianic prophecies to produce an ecumenical One World Religion by which the Roman Empire could dominate the world through tyranny, suppression and oppression.

Overall: The most deceptive, evil book ever compiled. Since Jewish Mystics founded the Catholic Church, both the Old and New Testaments serve the same purpose and work together in an attempt to establish a Zionist Government to rule the world from Jerusalem, home of "God's Chosen Ones", or "The Elect". It is the single biggest obstacle to the spiritual evolution of mankind for the last 3,000 years, but nevertheless containing a generous portion of real, usable, ancient wisdom for awakening consciousness and understanding metaphysical truths.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I believe none of it is inspired and it is all written by men. Some might be actual historical accounts about real people and events and there are some wise philosphies and sayings but I will never live my life by it again. For me now it is just an old book and belongs in a museum under lock and key so that no-one can use it's words to cause harm or oppress or discrimate against a fellow human being. Just my humble opinion for what its worth.

• yknot
    yknot

I am going to second Sister Syl's sentiments.....

• Ding
    Ding

I am an inerrantist -- not a popular position on JWN.

Flame away.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I am an inerrantist

You cannot possibly be serious! Please tell me you're yanking our collective chains . . .

• xchange
    xchange

I believe what is written in the Bible as much as is written in A Clockwork Orange. Violence, gore, lust etc. Just stories. Not inspired in the supernatural sense. Inspired by the imagination of the writers involved including those other interesting pieces that were somehow excluded from the 'Holy' book.

To many inconsistencies and lack of agreement between scholars makes me extremely skeptical about claims of it's divine nature - written or otherwise.

Good book to fall asleep to though.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

For Ding,

No need to flame. We can handle many different points of view, here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit