Atheism, the absence of someone to pray to.

by cyberjesus 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

jjj, you wrote:

I dont know if there is or isnt' something like a supreme being/s or a grand architect

but previously you wrote this:

atheists are not scientists but they claim not to believe in any god, I said it they go beyond science... are you following me? ... I can quote anyone that calls themselves atheists because to them the big bang, evolution theory, etc is enough to disprove god/s without the proof, get it? pseudocience definition theory mistaken as scientific: a theory or method doubtfully or mistakenly held to be scientific.

look, you are clearly making a strawman here. Its rather silly, you say you cant even define what God your talking about and at the same time your busy telling me i am rejecting every God because of evolution, how the heck should evolution disprove a God which is compatible with evolution?. My position (and i believe i share this with 90% of all atheists) is that any God i have heard about has insufficient evidence to be accepted as true, and often evidence that goes against it being true (like with jehovah).

on top of that its quite arrogant to say you can quote any atheist as supporting your strawman.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

^^^if I made it sound like a strawman I didn't mean to, you can not define something you do not know, I never said I didnt believe in a God I just dont know(or not entirely sure)..like any other agnostic.

you wrote "My position (and i believe i share this with 90% of all atheists) is that any God i have heard about has insufficient evidence to be accepted as true, and often evidence that goes against it being true (like with jehovah)."

I agree, any God I have heard about has insufficient evidence but what if its something we never heard or can not understand, this goes back to my old posts atheists dont know everything, I'm sure you would like that idea but Atheism can only go so far.

• bohm
    bohm

I agree, any God I have heard about has insufficient evidence but what if its something we never heard or can not understand, this goes back to my old posts atheists dont know everything, I'm sure you would like that idea but Atheism can only go so far.

But this is special pleading.

If i said: "Do you believe in the loch-ness monster" you would say no. You would definately notbe very impressed if i told you it was not a reasonable position because "you dont know anything" (who does and why is that relevant?!) and there maybe some loch-ness monster interpretation that could be true.

Specifically, I believe God should be treated as any other positive claim, and in particular, it should be rejected based on the same criteria any other positive claim is rejected.

Atheism is not a positive claim. Its merely a reaction to a set of positive claims, "God X exist", the reaction being: "The evidence is not strong enough".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit