Do you miss "dressing up" for the meetings?

by dozy 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Yes, I did enjoy looking good at the meetings.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I got my suit out to go to a JW funeral and the moths had eaten it. LOL

Ties were my pet hate.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

After thinking about it I realize that when I enjoyed the religion, i enjoyed dressing up. When the society started getting more and more crazy with the rules the less I enjoyed the meetings, the less i enjoyed the meetings, the more I resented stiffling my natural dramatic personality and "dressing down" to fit in with the other sisters. I stopped enjoying the time and effort it takes to get ready. Like many others here, I love to dress up when I can wear what I want and not to be molded into some "look" prescribed by an Elder body and their wives. I wish I had more occasions to dress up now that we're "out". So I guess the answer is: yes I miss dressing up but NOT for the meetings!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I like wearing suits when apprpriette. I just thought it got way over the top with them. Nothing like a person standing at your door smelling like a yeti because he's pioneering and it's 108 outside.

I donated the last of my JW suits a few years ago

• dm6
    dm6

Absolutrly not, it was just totally out of my character,...

• d
    d

not really.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hubby misses it, big time. The thought of not dressing up any more puts him in a foul mood.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

In a word, no.

Having lived much of my life in the tropics, the JW's dress code was utterly inappropriate, having been set by fashions in an entirely different climate zone. As viewed by the community in general, anybody strutting around in a suit, long sleeved shirt and tie in that heat was just an idiot - make that a bloody idiot!

I am happy to say that since breaking with The Cancer nearly 20 years ago, I have hardly ever worn a tie since.

Bill.

• l p
    l p

I initially did, but now Im in a senior position at work (so don't wear a uniform) and I get to dress up which makes up for it nicely

Lp

• l p
    l p

oh and id like to add.....I absolutely love wearing short skirts now...wooo hooo...suck that you die hards!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit