Do you miss "dressing up" for the meetings?

by dozy 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dozy
    dozy

I was thinking about this the other day when doing a bit of tidying up of my wardrobe. All the KH suits are now pushed to the back of the wardrobe and I am seriously thinking about a visit to the charity shop to get rid of most of them.

For me one of the (few) enjoyable aspects of being a JW was getting dressed up. My secular work very rarely involves putting on a dress suit & tie so I miss getting dressed up - smart suit , tie , shiny shoes , slapping on the aftershave. The pride in stepping out in my "sunday best" and the sense of anticipation.

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I really don't miss that part at all. In fact NLW and I just got rid of a good portion of our JW dress clothes. Just looking at the clothes brought back unpleasant thoughts. Like the couple of pieces that I always wore in Field Service. BLECK!!

NLW's wife

• designs
    designs

The Suits are slowly going to Good-Will, like to keep a couple around for Weddings and Bar Mitzvah's and New Year's Eve.

• wobble
    wobble

I always hated formal dress, especially the NECKTIE !!!! God that strangling bloody stupid thing, and yet it was frowned upon to even attend the K H without one, even if it was 140 degrees, wotta loada bollocks.

I still hate to wear a tie, the last time I did so was at my wife's niece' wedding, out of respect for her and all her family, including new in-laws.

I should wear one in my work, to make me look more professional, but I never do.

I do wish fashion designers would come up with an alternative to the open neck shirt,which does look too casual for some circumstances, the collarless shirt is a bit naff,I suppose the Roll Neck is the next best thing, I always think old poncy playboys are the only ones to wear those though.

So, come up with something folks, and make your fortune ! the neck tie is more and more in retreat, politicians,business men and TV presenters shed it more and more often, but an alternative is not in evidence.

• chickpea
    chickpea

new trend in dressing up for moi

dress slacks and blouses with discrete decolletage

i may never wear a skirt again

i do have 2 very fancy dresses should the need arise...

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

i absolutely hate wearing a suit, so hell no!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I loved the feeling of wearing a suit complete with a shirt and tie. Since I was a kid and watched "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." I wanted to have a job wear I could wear a suit like Napolean Solo and Elia Kiriaken (sp). Add a nice watch and ring and I was in business. Having on freshly polished shoes completed the feeling. Yep, I loved it.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

not in the slightest not that any of my old KH suits would fit me but I know it's one of the main reasons many stay in, labourers/window cleaners/janitors getting the chance to dress up and feel important and tell others how to lead their lives

• blondie
    blondie

I pretty much wore the same things at work that I did to the meetings. My job did not lend itself to jeans or slacks. Hubbie and I dress up to go out to a very nice restaurant from time to time, we break out the furs and the diamonds.

• confuzzled777
    confuzzled777

oh my gosh NO! I have not worn ANY of my dresses since the last meeting I attended 6 months ago. But that will change in about 3 weeks.....darn it! At least I will be going back 4 sizes smaller that I left!! WOO HOO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit