Sad Family News.....

by AK - Jeff 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

On Friday morning, sometime before noon, my former son-in-law [for lack of better term, for he and my daughter were never married], father and custodial parent of my middle granddaughter, was found dead of an overdose of pain-medication. Perhaps Oxycontin, though I am unsure of the specific drug at the moment.

He was enduring pain from an accident with his moped [yes, he was lifetime license removed for drinking] that occurred a year or so back. His shoulder was injured and he had a surgery scheduled soon. He apparently took too much, or too often [perhaps due to drowsiness]. The neighbor found him dead. Thank goodness it was not his 9 year old daughter that found him.

It fell to us to inform our daughter, who is serving a prison sentence due to illegal drugs. She is upset, but we can't be there for her. My granddaughter may indeed end up in our custody again now, she is nine years old. Though her father was a cad, mooch, and lazy - she of course does not, nor ever will she see him that way. To her it was 'Daddy', and she worshiped him. It is a sad moment here. She is with other relatives, but it is likely she will join her other siblings here in my home before long. She had lived here for many years before he gained custody by hook and crook. The court will decide of course, but the options are few.

I hope we can help apply balm to her wounds over time.

Jeff

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

My condolences to you and your family Jeff, may you find strenght and comfort in each others love.

Do they suspect suicide or accidental?

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Sorry to hear about this Brother Jeff.

Take care of your granddaughter as best you can, and take care of yourself.

JDW

• wasblind
    wasblind

(((((((AK-Jeff)))))))

Sorry to hear such news, so glad that his daughter did not see him in this position

• laverite
    laverite

(((((((((Love and hugs to you all AK - Jeff.)))))))))) ...I wish I could say something else other than just that...Words fail

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sorry to hear that Jeff. I feel for your grandbaby and am so glad she has you as a grandpa.

Josie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It appears accidental.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hoping you and yours get through this difficult time, Jeff. Our losing a loved one is tough, even if he may have caused grief to kith and kin.

All the best,

CoCo

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Deepest Sympathy from me to you and yours. I am glad you are such wonderful people to take on such horrendous tasks and always do the right thing.

my former son-in-law [for lack of better term, for he and my daughter were never married], father and custodial parent of my middle granddaughter

Your granddaughter's mother (your daughter) would probably call him something like "my baby's daddy" so just add GRAND to whatever her term is: "our grand-baby's daddy."

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh Jeff I am so sorry. Poor child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit