Sad Family News.....

by AK - Jeff 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Sorry to hear of your loved ones' pain, Dear Jeff.

I am so very happy that your grandaughter has you. Love and strength to you and yours.

Love,
    Baba.

• Mary
    Mary

I'm so sorry that you're going through yet more family tragedy Jeff. Thank god your granddaughter has got you guys.

• bohm
    bohm

Im sorry to hear of this tragic news. I hope things will turn out okay, especially for your granddaughter.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx all.

This is a difficult moment - of course more for my granddaughter than for us - with extended situations, she has three sets of grandparents who could become the caregivers. In the past, we were the only ones who stepped forward. [We had custody of her for several years, and still have her two siblings in our home for almost 7 years now.] I hope that we can put her back in our home since her sibs are here. Believe me, it would be easier to just walk away [two is sooo much smoother for us than three were] - but we won't. Of course, in the end, it will be a judges' gavel that will determine the final decree. Hopefully there will be unanimous decision among the adults, making the judge's decision an easy one.

She is currently with other parts of her father's family - the funeral is Thursday.

Not exactly what we wanted to be doing in our 50's - but it is not the kids' fault - so here we are.

Peace

Jeff

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh, Jeff. We just never know how things will turn out when a father grabs custody of our grandchildren from us. My heart is with you, your wife, the siblings and even your daughter. Daughters. We have so much in common, you and me. I pray that somehow this daughter can have some stability now. As our priest says, "May light perpetual shine upon him." Your son in law."

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Jeff, I'm sorry for your family's loss. Be a good guardian for that little girl!

• jam
    jam

My deepest sympathies Jeff, hang in there.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Not exactly what we wanted to be doing in our 50's - but it is not the kids' fault - so here we are. Peace Jeff

I'm so glad that you have each other, you and your wife. It never hit me until lately what a sacrifice taking in grandchildren is.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I extend my condolences. Pain can be worse than death. I know. So sad.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry to hear this news. I would be really surprised if a judge places that little girl away from her siblings since the father is now deceased.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit