Congresswoman Shot in Tucson

by leavingwt 442 Replies latest social current

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Palin, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Beck, and Coulter all enjoy fanning the flames of hatred with their vile rhetoric.

Just because someone is deemed "insane" when they act upon what they hear does not excuse the hatemongers from responsibility.

Rather, it just proves undeniably that these shock jocks are a danger to our society and should no longer be tolerated.

• JeffT
  • beksbks
    beksbks

LOL Jeff. You're really comparing "targeting" states to putting human beings by name in the crosshairs?

• Farkel
    Farkel

:I doubt highly Sarah Palin was advocating killing the people in the cross hairs!

"Cross hairs" and Sarah Palin. Of COURSE that means shooting a Congresswoman! It couldn't POSSIBLY mean working to un-seat a congresswoman, since Sarah shoots MOOSE and NEVER un-seats moose.

Absurd. Real journalism is dead. This hysterical bullshit is so insane it insults me, and I'm not a formally educated man.

And yes, that shooting is tragic regardless of politics. As much as I hate what some of the people in Congress are doing, I still believe in a peaceful way to un-seat those who I feel are not following the Constitution.

Of course, some idiots have asserted that I don't even vote, so I'm sure my thoughts carry no weight with people like that even though I do vote and I was voting while some of them were still shitting in their diapers and hadn't even sold their first Watchtower magazine yet.

Farkel

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Absurd Farkel and you know it.

It's a way of ensuring your base stays linked to you. TeaPartiers encourage/d the open carry and firearms image they presented and she and others played up to that. It's political. Make em like you. She shoots moose and wolves, albeit from a plane, but she's a gun totin hot mama and so to keep them coming to hear messages of rights and freedoms. That right to free speech which apparently this Politician didn't have.

Nobody is saying the fanatical right wing did the deed - but it's like saying you raise your kid to think kicking women is okay and they do it - makes you just as culpable.

Not politically motivated? You shoot a politician - it's political. Can't get much clearer than that. sammieswife

------------------------------------------------

"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous," he said. "And unfortunately, Arizona, I think, has become the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

Giffords expressed similar concern, even before the shooting. In an interview after her office was vandalized, she referred to the animosity against her by conservatives, including Sarah Palin's decision to list Giffords' seat as one of the top "targets" in the midterm elections.

"For example, we're on Sarah Palin's targeted list, but the thing is, that the way that she has it depicted has the crosshairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they have to realize that there are consequences to that action," Giffords said in an interview with MSNBC.

In the hours after the shooting, Palin issued a statement in which she expressed her "sincere condolences" to the family of Giffords and the other victims.

During his campaign effort to unseat Giffords in November, Republican challenger Jesse Kelly held fundraisers where he urged supporters to help remove Giffords from office by joining him to shoot a fully loaded M-16 rifle. Kelly is a former Marine who served in Iraq and was pictured on his website in military gear holding his automatic weapon and promoting the event.

"I don't see the connection," between the fundraisers featuring weapons and Saturday's shooting, said John Ellinwood, Kelly's spokesman. "I don't know this person, we cannot find any records that he was associated with the campaign in any way. I just don't see the connection.

"Arizona is a state where people are firearms owners - this was just a deranged individual."

Law enforcement officials said members of Congress reported 42 cases of threats or violence in the first three months of 2010, nearly three times the 15 cases reported during the same period a year earlier. Nearly all dealt with the health care bill,

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    TeaPartiers encourage/d the open carry and firearms image they presented and she and others played up to that.

"Don't retreat - re-load!" Yeah, you betcha'! After all, there's at least 16 of Palin's political enemies still out there and she's got 'em in her crosshairs!

Another tactic to keep guns, violence and politics entertwined in the minds of tea partiers is this manufactured threat against 2nd amendment rights. Obama wants to take your guns away from you!

Here is a quick sample of tweets to Palin's twitter page today:

"This is a tragedy on many fronts. Not only were innocent people killed and injured, but the anti-gunners will seize this opportunity to erode our 2nd Amendment rights."

"It's some kind of left-wing propaganda drama to cast the gun rights movement in the bad light. Don't quit fighting against gun control, Sarah!"

"This crime is not caused by what the supporters of Sara Palin have for ideology...The real tragedy is what is now being spewed at Sara and the Tea Party."

"The real tragedy........"apparently isn't the loss of life, but that this might diminish Sarah Palin's brand or the rights of these cretins to pack heat on their way to the mall.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Here is a quick sample of tweets to Palin's twitter page today:

"This is a tragedy on many fronts. Not only were innocent people killed and injured, but the anti-gunners will seize this opportunity to erode our 2nd Amendment rights."

"It's some kind of left-wing propaganda drama to cast the gun rights movement in the bad light. Don't quit fighting against gun control, Sarah!"
    "This crime is not caused by what the supporters of Sara Palin have for ideology...The real tragedy is what is now being spewed at Sara and the Tea Party."

Oh my god. This woman is disgusting. I didn't think I could dislike her more...I didn't think it was possible. But she has sunk to a new level. Disgusting.

ETA: I went to sarahpalinUSA twitter and didn't see these tweets...is there a different twitter account, were the tweets removed, do they disappear or what? (I never use twitter so I'm not very familiar with how it works...)

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

There goes Sarah's bid for the White House. :) For those of you who have not visited the website to read the comments, I highly recommend it if only for the humor aspect. I am thinking of creating an email of "Sarah Palin Supporter's Sayings" in line with the "Walmart People" emails. One example, paraphrased: I wish Oregon would get in line with the rest of the country. This country is going downhill fast! Hhmm...if the country is going downhill fast, why would Oregon want to get in line? :)

I do appreciate that Ms. McCain has sent several tweets advocating reducing the rhetoric and the Republican's have cancelled next week's health care debate.

Also, I was thinking about the shooter and his mental state. I doubt he is that unstable. He did have the presence of mind to invoke his Fifth Amendment rights immediately upon arrest. I hope the police did a good job of respecting that so as to not taint the evidence.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Oh, duh. I get it now. These are tweets TO or ABOUT Sarah from supporters. Got it.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Sarah Palin's fault, SammieLee? Seriously?

Talk about the left literally jumping the gun for political gain!

Something happens, and it is suddenly the fault of Palin or the Tea Party.

She wasn't announced "shot" for five minutes before the Left started to act like Palestinians and use her corpse as a political prop.

If the shooters name had been Abdul or Mohammed, the Left would be tripping over itself admonishing the country not to jump to conclusions.

But his name is Jared, so he must obviously be a Tea Partier!

But wait.

Here is what a classmate of the shooter had to say:

"As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal. & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy."

http://www.businessinsider.com/woman-who-says-she-went-to-school-with-alleged-shooter-says-he-met-giffords-in-2007-2011-1?sailthru_m=h5b

He was a liberal. From the Left.

So who do we blame?

Well, since according to Justitia's and SammieLee's drooling idiocy putting targets on a map of Congressional seats is responsible for murder, I will use their logic and blame the Democrats. I blame Markos Moulitsas, and Barack Obama.

Check out the INFLAMMATORY LANGUAGE!!!! ZOMG!!!!:

Dead!

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit