Namby-Pambyland boo hoo Drama Queen

by brotherdan 95 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

I didn't actually see what went down with you, brotherdan; I just gathered you wanted to take a break for awhile, and I couldn't blame you. Sometimes it can get pretty aggressive here, and I certainly wanted to step away for awhile myself. Which I did.

I've probably said some pretty anti-God stuff myself. But I still believe that there are things beyond our world that we do not fully understand, and that perhaps we've simply chosen to call it "God". I believe that Jesus Christ was an expression of that being, "God", and delivered some pretty profound ideas to us. But I also believe that there are serious moral problems with religious belief and what it can turn people into. Otherwise rational, good people can become rabid, angry, arrogant, suicidal or even homicidal because of beliefs.

I figure we ought to have a system of thought that transcends every religious system, every government, every legal system. One that just says, let's do good to each other and avoid stuff that harms other people, and let's learn as much as we can about ourselves and others, and let's unite so far as we possibly can. Not worth it to squabble if we're only going to live once, and not very good training if we're going to live twice.

But whatever the case, I hope you're doing okay. Only thing I ask for from anybody, anywhere, is mutual respect. As long as we have that, everything else falls into place.

--sd-7

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Namby-Pambyland boo hoo Drama Queen"

Too funny

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

whereiam: Waiting outside the elders room, sweating, making sure I sounded repentent enough...

james_woods: Maybe the Army DID get some things right after all...

sd-7: Today I have been realizing that this whole issue is not what anyone has said or done, but it has been my own REACTION to things that has been the problem. Am I so righteous as to think I am better than anyone else on the board? I guess I've acted that way. I sure did make an ass out of myself.

That being said, I still don't like when people call each other names (like sociopath); and I hope that if I ever do that then someone will catch me on it.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Welcome back, darling! :D :D :D

I love attention whores - I'm one myself. ;)

Don't worry about being a sociopath. Denial or lack of even considering that you are one is a sign of being one. :D Feel good in your skin, if you are in fact one.

And how DARE YOU call me seams! I'm an adorable monkey, and i insist that you kiss me, and I will wholeheartedly apologize to you. Scouts honour.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

so you can all hang at my place. --- What? Are you serious? Gayle and i will be over shortly! (although she can get there faster) hahaha.

• shamus100
    shamus100

KISS ME! Don't be frightened... once you love the monkey enough to kiss him, your life will change forever...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Actually the wife is out of town this weekend, AuntBee! You and Gayle are MORE than welcome!!!! It'd be awesome to meet you guys!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hither, darling..

I know that my appearance and your desire to befriend the monkey may be at once, horrifying, but the risk/reward ratio is certainly worth it, let me assure you.

Kiss me and i will not regret it.... ;D

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

So glad you are back! I was worried about you!

• minimus
    minimus

I like it! Kudos to you, Bro!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit