...Watchtower World..A place where "Stupid is Better!"...

by OUTLAW 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

There's smart and than there's watchtower smart

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OUTLAW: The problem with their ignorance is that it is accompanied by ARROGANCE. They simply believe a miracle or divine intervention is going to step in to save them. I think many of them do not think they are going to feel consequences for anything wrong or stupid that they do. This always annoyed me and was why my dealings with them were cautious.

• wasblind
    wasblind

LongHairGal,

that is so true, my daughter is scared of dogs, so whenever our car group would go to a house

where there were dogs I would take my daughters place, I was told she needed to trust in Jehovah

to protect her. Why put ourselves in a dangerous situation because of ignorance and arrogance.

it truly is ignorant to walk into a dangerous situation, and to be arrogant enough to think nothin's

gonna happen to you.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey there OutLaw,

great thread !!!!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

My grandmother once gave a comment during a Watchtower study that we would all have blue eyes in the New System. Why? Because brown eye color is the result of a build up of toxins in the body. IOW, brown eyes mean you're full of shit.

woo blast from the past!! I remember that one, after the bookstudy once when I was a kid there was a visiting sister who was into iridology. So we all lined up (with our $5) when the study was over to have our eyes analyzed. Everyone with brown eyes was told that toxin nonsense and was sold some kind of juice to eliminate the toxins and promised that our eyes would turn blue. Never happened!!! LOL

Looking back, I'm rather amazed at the easy pickings people in WT land are for pyramid schemes, multi-level marketing and any kind of wonder cure - despite the fact that the 'new system' is going to 'provide' everyone with everything their heart desires...sigh...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I'm rather amazed at the easy pickings people in WT land are for pyramid schemes, multi-level marketing and any kind of wonder cure

It is because those sorts of things are exactly the sorts of things they are accustomed to as Borg-drones. The WT is run just like Amway and other business cults.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

Seriously, was there really a thing about brown eyes turning blue in the new system? I mean, seriously? Is there any documentation anywhere?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning JWD/JWN..Happy New Year!.

Thank you all for your comments on this thread!..

A Thread is always More Interesting with Lots of Ideas and Input..

Unlike "Watchtower World" where..

"Stupid is Better!"..

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/ksm0140l.jpg

.................. ...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Stupid Kingdom Hall Security..

Many Kingdom Halls have a Security System..

http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/KingdomHall.jpg

What are the Secret Numbers most of them Use?..

"1-9-1-4"..
    No one will ever figure that out!!

............................ ...OUTLAW

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Lioncask,

I never saw it in a publication. My grandma was just crazy. She had a machine that you put a polariod of yourself in it and it'll tell you what's wrong with you, what vitamins you need, etc. And the polaroid had to have your thumbprint on it as well. No idea what the science was behind that, lol!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit