My Experiences

by Former 79 Replies latest jw experiences

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Wow former! Are you and SIAM related? Yer pics look so much like each other.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Welcome to the nuthouse here Former. It's funny, when I first read your post I didn't pick up on any of those things that some others picked apart. Some have suspicious minds I guess. What the heck motive somebody would have to make up stuff like that is beyond me, but.....I'm glad you're sticking around.

I was just a couple of months from turning 15 when I met the love of my life, and she was also 15. It was intense, like Romeo and Juliet. She was from one of the congregations that shared the same Kingdom Hall. She was the oldest of five children, the youngest was not even five years old. Her absolutely stunningly beautiful mother had died of cancer just three years before, and her father very quickly got remarried to a beastly, nasty, selfish, domineering fat pig just so she could take care of his kids. It was the summer of '76, and because my girlfriend was a little older then, she began spending a lot of time shopping, going to the movies, the beach, hanging out with her ONE fat pig friend, etc. and was rarely home during the day, forcing my girlfriend to do all this babysitting, and it was very difficult to see her.

Her P.O. was a another big fat tyrannical pig, the typical judgmental, pompous elder with two nerdy sons that no one could stand hanging out with except a few other dorks. He didn't like me because I hung out with some "weak" rebel-types sometimes. He didn't know me from a hole in the wall and poisoned her parents about me, telling them I was no damn good and to keep her away from me. The evil witch locked her up in the house with all these kids and locked the phone. They totally cut us off from one another. For me, the whole universe turned pitch black. I didn't know what to do. I would watch her house for hours, days, weeks on end, from a block away on my bicycle, waiting for an opportunity to see her or talk to her. It never came. She never came out of that house.

After a few months of severe depression, my friends couldn't stand seeing me suffer any more, so they set me up on a date with somebody. I hastily agreed to go, but I was totally not into it, nothing came of it, and I never even kissed her. I just wasn't interested. Nobody could shine my beautiful sweetheart's shoes. She was IT and there was nobody else.

Well, she found out about this "date", and was totally devastated and really pissed. I know its stupid, but I was stupid for going. I should have waited three years if I had to, until we were both "legal", and then we could elope. But to me, being in a really bad home situation myself with a psychotic abusive JW mother and a unbelieving dad who was never around, I had nowhere to turn and no one to help me. To make a long story short, I married someone I didn't love, even had a couple of kids with her, and at the age of 29 I was still pining over what happened and what those JW bastards did to us. I believe my whole life ended up down the shitter because of that and it wasn't until recently that I started my recovery, when I finally found out that this cult was NOT "Jehovah's Organization" and never was.

The reason I'm telling you all this, is because I would hate to see the same thing happen to your sister. She needs help and she needs to be with her boyfriend. She may very well outgrow him but she at least should have the opportunity to find out.

GOD, I HATE THIS F***KING CULT!!!

Thanks for posting your story, and.....

Love and prayers to you and your sister,

Jimmy C.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I use the word church to describe the Kingdom Hall to outsiders too.

I agree with getting both her guidance counselor and outside Department of Children and Family Services.

I don't suppose your sister is finding her parent's attitude spiritually upbuilding, heh? Have a room/couch ready for her when she turns 18.

Skeeter

• Scott77
    Scott77

bigmac, it doesn't concern me a bit what they call it, but you can find the scriptural precedent here:

At this God said to Moses: "You shall call it a church, and it shall prove to be a memorial to me to times indefinite." And later he added: "This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, 'On second thought, Kingdom Hall sounds way fancier.'" (2 Balonians 3:14, NWT)

2 Balonians 3:14, NWT, Is that book in the bible? Hi Former, please what was that book you was reffering to?

Scott77

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Welcome to the Board!!!

I was in Bethel from 96-05 ... I worked mainly in the Computer Department (Support). Are you familiar with anyone in those departments?

WKL 96-98

Brooklyn 98-05

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome to the gang Former - interesting reading...I do sincerely hope you can help your sister to gain freedom. Liking the humour - Balonians lolol

Loz x

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Sheesh, Scott77, it's a joke. Haven't you heard of baloney?

• Medina
    Medina

A short reply from me,

Although he didnt used the inside language and loaded language like, the truth, the congregation, or anything like that, it doesnt automaticly mean that his story is fishy. Me, for example, refuse to use these loaded language words any longer, although I was a JW I dont use these words and even if I talk to JWs I ask them if they still visit their Church, and how it is within their Religion.

Loaded language is powerfull, unlearn it...

Just my opinion.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Welcome Former.

• Former
    Former

What-A-Coincidence, I was nearly brought on to the Computer department but AVS got me instead due to special effects and programming experience. The only person I know that's worked there is greener than '05.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit