My Experiences

by Former 79 Replies latest jw experiences

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Good observation Judge Dread...none of the jargon used is used by a JW. And even the term debater is not a term used by JWs in a good light. JWs are told not to get involved in debates.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bohm, I hear ya. But I also have to say that a JW who just left 6 months ago would not be so out of touch with JW lingo.

• Curtains
    Curtains

I think he means he is not known as a good debater there (in his household) when he says he is not a good debater here. His writing style is completly different from debator's. WTF - give him a break.

Former, welcome to JWN and please continue posting.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I highly doubt Former is Debator. Former is not defending the org in any way but is coming here for help.

• Curtains
    Curtains

issac

there is nothing suspicious about Former's language. He sounds a whole lot more intelligent than the average JW.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ok, but what about:

"When they discovered earlier this month that she had friends outside of church,"

Although, that is Former referring to the kh as church...not his still-JW parents. So,...perhaps on the up and up.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Some may remember that I have on occasion been among the first to call BS on phony posters.

Let me say this: I DO NOT have the feeling that there is something fishy about Former.

As far as the term "church", I don't make anything of it. When I left, I deliberately tried to quit using the standard Watchtower-speak because I was ashamed of it.

For another thing, this post seemed to me to be spot on:

Scott77, it seems unlikely that the a dozen men from Bethel had nothing better to do than follow you. Further, why a dozen rather than one or two?

Let's give this new poster a good welcome, full benefit of the doubt, and stop picking him to pieces over (so far) really nothing.

So, welcome Former - don't be discouraged by some skepticism...we have, you understand, had trolls come here before and fool us. I don't think you are one.

BTW - I too would hold off on calling CPS about the sister until real evidence of abuse or endangerment was in hand. If she is in her mid-teens and being treated this way, she will be free of it all in 3 to 5 years anyway. They are simply driving her away from the JWs.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Thanks for the input J-Woods. Former I retract any staements I made casting doubt on you.

• Curtains
    Curtains

jameswoods thats exactly what I was thinking re former's use of the word church. I often find myself saying church when talking to people who are not witnesses. Former could easily have developed the same habit.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Thanks for the input J-Woods. Former I retract any staements I made casting doubt on you.

Good for you, Isaac. Now (I say in jest), let's just hope and pray that neither of us has to apologize to the board for being wrong. And that Former has not been insulted enough to leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit