My Experiences

by Former 79 Replies latest jw experiences

• Former
    Former

Scott77, it seems unlikely that the a dozen men from Bethel had nothing better to do than follow you. Further, why a dozen rather than one or two?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

welcome to the outside world/

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

welcome, bookmarked

• mochamint22
    mochamint22

Hi Further,

welcome! I just joined JWN a couple days ago and I've been spending a lot of time here because everyone is really nice and they aren't judgmental, which I appreciate. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. When I was coming up, I looked into being emancipated so I could get away from my mother. I too home schooled because she wanted to keep me as shut off from the world as possible. And she certainly didn't like that my best friend was not a witness. I don't know that calling CPS or the media is the right move just yet. As others have suggested, make sure you have a true grasp of the situation and any proof would be invaluable before you make your move. I too am trying to understand why, when one wants to talk about and question earlier publications/writings from the society that you're told to just ignore that and its all about "new light" and so on and so forth. That's evading the issue and only puts more questions in my head. Thank you for relating your experiences, I too am very interested to know just how the "feel" of Bethel is. It seems like once people leave bethel, they leave "the truth" too and I'd really like to know what goes on there to make people walk away. I know of a brother that was at bethel for a couple years and then when he left bethel, he left the truth for like 20 years and then came back. then he went inactive again for like a year. What is it that makes us leave, come back, leave, come back. ugh! its a vicious cycle.

anyway, welcome again and thanks for sharing. please continue w/your experiences!

Moe

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    Last night my father invited me to dinner to inform me that he was no longer speaking to me, and he had decided that the rest of the family was not allowed to either. This is because I have not been attending Christian meetings and am suspected not to be living the Christian lifestyle, which is "a dangerous and destructive influence" that the family must be protected from.

He invited you to dinner to tell you he was no longer speaking to you? Did he stop speaking to you before, during, or after dinner?

His reason was you had not been attending "Christian" meetings and suspected not to be living the "Christian" lifestyle, and you have been neither disfellowshipped, nor have disassociated yourself? What scriptural basis did he use to stop speaking to you AND to keep the rest of the family from speaking to you?

as I exercised all the understanding of their culture I could muster,

"their culture"? You were an MS and you went to Bethel, and you are using this term? I've never heard it put this way in witness circles.

When they discovered earlier this month that she had friends outside of church, they became infuriated and placed her under house arrest.

"friends outside of CHURCH"? Once again, you went to Bethel. You were an MS and you use "CHURCH"? On an ex-JW discussion board?

While I'm famous around here for being a bad debater, I made a couple of points.
    I was good at debating scripture.

So which one is it?

I read a bit of the other portions of your "story" and for all I know, you could have taken parts of the experiences of others and put them together.

Sorry friend, but your "story" looks kind of fishy to me.

JDW

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!!! Good call, Judge Dread!!! Hopefully we don't have another false-face "Drama Queen" on our hands....

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Former, I'm sorry about your sister and the experiences you've been through with your family.

However, like Judge Dread, I caught a few things that made me scratch my head. You say your known around here as a bad debator, but this is your first post and introduction. You use terminology that aren't JWisms, and your story wasn't clear as to the details of why you were being shunned by your father and the rest of your family.

Just saying that it sounds fishy and a bit inconistant is all. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but maybe some clarity would be good.

Regardless, welcome to JWN and I hope that you can find what you're looking for. There are a lot of great people here and a great support group.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Good call Judge dread My thoughts exactly Not the (can't remember the term we used it's been so long was it the ) pure language. some bullshit like that eating at the table of Jevovah

• bohm
    bohm

Are you guys really that certain Former is not telling the truth you are willing to risk driving him away if you are wrong?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL at least (s)he spelled debater correctly! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit