Special Assembly: CO admits the grip is tightning.....

by yourmomma 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT . A very important thread

• agonus
    agonus

So feeling like you're in control is one of Satan's tricks, eh?

I wonder if the Governing Body is aware of this...

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

agonus: Good point...that makes sense when you allow your mind to think about what is being said.

• So you are only or should only be in control of yourself long enough to relinquish control to someone else...like them...THINK ABOUT IT

Sw

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Lots of college graduates don't get jobs in "their field" because after four or five years of college these young people are just a little bit sick of "their field" at graduation. Some, of course, love it and stay with it for life. Many others are still exploring the world, trying to find out what they really want to do, and for many of them, it is NOT what they studied in college.

That doesn't mean that education was wasted. They have a foundation in a major field as well as most likely somewhat of a foundation in liberal arts (which REALLY scares the Borg). And eventually, some of those who didn't follow thier major into a job DO return to "their field" of study as a career. See, there's this thing the Borg honchos know nothing about; it is called FREEDOM. People with college degrees have MORE freedom to choose their career path, regardless of their major.

How many JWs kids are told: "you can be anything you want when you grow up!"?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

How many JWs kids are told: "you can be anything you want when you grow up!"?

Wow, that is something when you think about it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It was one of my key motivations to get out NOW before my kid's too far along in indoctrination. I was a teenager in the 80s and as such, college was forbidden. When the Borg came out with their softened stance regarding higher education in the 90s I was PISSED. I have never gotten over that. Then, when the Borg began cracking down on college again, I saw that my child was likely to go through the same thing I did unless I got her out of the cult asap. Our children's future careers shouldn't be dependent on the whims of a handful of crackpots who have never worked a full-time job in their lives.

• sd-7
    sd-7

This was such a classic thread that I just had to read the responses for everyone. The idea that JWs are living under 'Kingdom control' is contrary to even JWs' teachings. They are, at best, FUTURE subjects of the Kingdom, seeking first the Kingdom, but...living under Kingdom control NOW? Sounds like somebody forgot what Paul said about this subject:

"You men already have your fill, do you? You are rich already, are you? You have begun ruling as kings without us, have you? And I wish indeed that you had begun ruling as kings, that we also might rule with you as kings." (1 Cor. 4:8)

How arrogant to essentially claim Kingdom authority before Jesus has granted it to anyone who is still on Earth! Even by JW standards, this is out there. Even when I was hardcore JW, I would've raised an eyebrow at that kind of statement. And the money issue...nope, that would've gone completely ignored by me. I'm not giving you a bunch of my hard-earned money. You seem to be doing just fine, and this money isn't going straight to God, it's going to you, so you don't have to do a 9 to 5 like I do--or take a browbeating about not putting in enough hours like I do.

Yeah. Guess that's why I eventually left. At an assembly last year, the CO practically yelled, "You don't deserve a vacation--that's Satan's thinking!" I looked around to see if there was any reaction, but the audience looked mummified. Nobody was even blinking. So...all things considered, I can see why somebody still under the spell would think that CO's talk was a forgery. Heck, my brother claimed the pre-1950 Watchtowers I found online were forgeries. Comparing them to every quote from PRE-1950 WTs made in POST-1950 WTs, I have yet to find a single quote that wasn't identical in these supposed forgeries.

I know it's an overused quote, but, "The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."

--sd-7

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

How arrogant to essentially claim Kingdom authority before Jesus has granted it to anyone who is still on Earth! Even by JW standards, this is out there.

They've been setting it up for awhile now, though. Over the last few years they have established the Governing Body and NO OTHER ANOINTED as the ONLY authority to be obeyed by faithful JWs. From there it is only a small step to having already 'begun ruling as kings.' It isn't really even a complicated next step in doctrine to go there. They can spin it so that the rank and file anointed have to wait until they die faithfully before they can rule but the GB were put on the fast-track by holy spirit and so they're already in charge. If they feel it is in the best interests of the corporation to do that, they will.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Interesting theory, Mad Sweeney. I, of all people, would know how easy it would be to shift into that notion officially. I could write the article for them, if they wanted. You hear me, Bethel? I could write the article for you. Just get me one of those top-of-the-line Buicks, and I'll call it even!

--sd-7

• designs
    designs

Mad-

You're on a roll

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit