Special Assembly: CO admits the grip is tightning.....

by yourmomma 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

What he's saying is that the WTS. has complete control of your lives because its god's own solemn kingdom.

In between the these lines is a suggestion to spend your money within god's organization, which I need and want.

Its a nice way of saying that the organization needs money ( himself ) $$$

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

The CO's name is John Williams I think. The entire talk is worth a listen if you want to get a gauge at what the current problems are in the org, but the "kingdom control tightning" part is at the 28:00 minute mark.

Here is the link: http://www.filesend.net/download.php?
    f=bffc974810c2ce1cba5e316143aee16a

im not sure if its this one or his previous talk, but he also said something about being a JW since the 50's, and not once has Jehovah's organization "misled" him. I had to laugh at that one since he clearly was a JW during 75. Plus, if he makes a point to claim that Jehovah's org will not "mislead" us, then people must be talking about how the org is misleading them.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Kingdom control is directing how we live our lives now."

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00798/Adolf-Hitler_s_798283c.jpg

http://img.timeinc.net/time/photoessays/2008/adolf_hitler/adolf_hitler_02.jpg

........................... ...OUTLAW

• sherah
    sherah

This CO served in my old circuit 15 years ago, he is a company man thru and thru. Spent most of his life in the full-time serve-us so he's counting on the dubs to continue his lifestyle.

What KM was he referring to?

• steve2
    steve2

I look forward to hearing the recording of this - I must say - unremarkable speech.

The watchtower has a long, long, long and dreary history of special announcements about how "arrangements" are suddenly shaping in line with the imminence of the end.

I remember going to an international assembly in the early 1970s when speaker after speaker thundered how the organization was even then gearing up to be ready to face the impending great tribulation. The crowd murmured in muted excitement and afterwards, old-time witnesses declared they had never before sensed such urgency from the platform. Rubbish. people have stupidly short memories. Stupidly short! Time and time again the organization has had special releases at assemblies that led the rank and file to conclude that the time was soooooooo near. My maternal grandmother told me about the publication of the book "Children" that was released - in the late 1930's - early 40's? Young children were given copies of this book in which they were told quite clearly that now was not the time to be forming relationships with the opposite sex and getting married and having children. What suckers the JWs were back then. What suckers they are today. On and on and on it goes - special announcements, special talks, special excitement...and then, nothing...the old world just keeps right on keeping on.

• davidl7
    davidl7

Stop making up stuff..."kingdom control", yea right!!! By the way, you can be sued if you use an actual CO's name and make a fake recording of those alleged statements. I went to a recent, I didn't hear anything like. I heard about how the Kingdom preaching work is growing all over the world. Interesting remarks from recent converts, including a former nun and a former associate pastor of a Baptist church.

I just can't believe how naive people are here believing the made up stories and absurdities posted by someone with a "Sarah Palinized" mentality. Think people, think!!! Think for yourselves....

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

Very scary stuff.....

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I just can't believe how naive people are here believing the made up stories and absurdities posted by someone with a "Sarah Palinized" mentality. Think people, think!!! Think for yourselves....

Ooh! You WERE at the assembly!!! Was it very happifying?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Stop making up stuff..."kingdom control", yea right!!!

I went to a recent, I didn't hear anything like. I heard about how the Kingdom preaching work is growing all over the world.

Interesting remarks from recent converts, including a former nun and a former associate pastor of a Baptist church.

I just can't believe how naive people are here believing the made up stories and absurdities.....davidl7

..................... ...OUTLAW

• Farkel
    Farkel

steve2,

:"Children" that was released - in the late 1930's - early 40's?

1941. Rutherford had all the children seated in the front rows and gave each of them a copy of that book.

I've read it. It is a pathetic book, similar the Divine Purpose book from 1958-1959 because it contains a fictitious conversation between people to make the point. Third grade reading at best.

That was 69 years ago. Had all those children (who are now in their 70's and 80's) followed Rutherford's advice and remained unmarried and childless and just sold his books, the Watchtower Printing Corporation would have died out for lack of new blood being born and indoctrinated to carry on their business of selling books.

The next year after that 1941 assembly, Rutherford died of colon cancer. A perfect ending for an evil asshole like him.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit