These are good people

by Retrovirus 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

So, debator, you are also an expert on acheological studies and historical middle eastern and Roman and Greek secular writings from the 1st century?

We know better.

Man that barbecued pig looks so good Outlaw!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Obves..

Start your own thread..Don`t Hi-Jack this one..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• whereami
    whereami

Obves... no offense my friend, but you are in desperate need of a Psychiatrist.

Please do us all a favor and run to see one.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Obves said:

1991, 1994, 1999,… Hut! Hut!

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Nickolas,

Sorry I missed your post earlier, about the percentage of scientists who believe in God.

Thanks for the correction; my post was too vague.

Also found this: http://www.annarbor.com/faith/science-vs-religion-what-are-scientists-religious-beliefs/

From the article:

The picture that’s emerging from Ecklund’s research shows that the reality is more complex than the simple dichotomy of science versus religion. Yes, scientists are less religious than the general population. But there are also many religious scientists

That's basically what I was trying to say, in opposition to Debator's rather black and white view.

Retro

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Man that barbecued pig looks so good Outlaw!.....Moshe

You can`t have any my friend..Your Jewish..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• moshe
    moshe
    You can`t have any my friend..Your Jewish..

The only bacon my wife cooks us is, turkey bacon- but, if I was starving, then I could eat some of that barbecue- just so I don't die from hunger.

Man I'm starving tonight. Maybe you could do a barbecued turkey- JWs are turkeys, you know.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Ok, debator. Don't read the next paragraph. It's just me talking to the other people in the thread. Not to you.

I wonder, frankly, why we bother with this person. She/he won't answer questions, is always changing the subject and without fail reverts to rote programming. It is sad to say that I have encountered no-one on this board who thinks highly of debator, because if one strips away all the really screwed up cookie-cutter thinking debator puts forward, there is a hint of intelligence. I sometimes wonder if it isn't all an act. Can anybody be so blind?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's not an act and it is possible for a person to be that blind. Reniaa/Debator is misguided and harmless. She goes back and forth between a number of message boards, usually because the heat becomes so bad at one site that she quits it for another until things cool down. Now it's our turn yet again to be subjected to her tripe.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

The only bacon my wife cooks us is, turkey bacon- but, if I was starving, then I could eat some of that barbecue- just so I don't die from hunger.

Neither of my sons will eat bacon, and they're not even Jewish. One will eat ersatz bacon (turkey) but the other won't eat it unless it's made from soybeans. Soybeans. I clawed myself up to the top of the food chain so that my progeny could eat tofu. One will eat fish and birds but no mammals. The other will eat fish, no other animals. My daughter will eat no fish but will eat the meat of birds and mammals, so long as they have no bones in them. Bones remind her that the meat is from animals. I think I screwed up with these kids. Fact is I know I did. 25 years ago I came home from a weekend hunting trip with the biggest bull moose I'd ever seen in my life in the back of my pickup. The kids were raised on wild meat so I just figured they knew where it came from. Wrong. I had been tracking and calling this animal for more than a day and it finally obliged me by exiting the trees just before sunset. He was with a cow moose and proceeded to mount her. He was 75 feet away. I waited until he was done (I averted my eyes, of course) and then I shot him in the forehead with a Browning .308 180 grain softnose and he dropped like a sack of potatoes. If there is a god, he will grant me the gift of dying like that. Anyway, when I got home the kids ran out to greet me at the driveway and I was so proud of myself that I picked each of them up and put them in the box of the pickup to get a real close-up look at this beast their heroic dad had felled. He was 1500# on the hoof and had a 62" rack, a hole in his forehead, his eyes bulging slighly in their sockets and his tongue lolling to one side out of his mouth. Not to mention all the gore in the pickup box. That was the last moose I ever shot, and it's why my kids don't eat bacon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit