These are good people

by Retrovirus 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Thank you everyone for your replies. Nickolas and Outlaw, especially, have me worried! I had not thought I could be in any danger but do have a few emotional scars. LeavingWT, I can see that I need to educate myself about cults, and it's already clear that beliefs have more to do with wanting to fit in, belong, believe, than with logic.

It's also true, that these nice, honest people will kepp on trying to recruit others. if they succeed these people and their families will suffer. Hadn't thought of it that way. In my area (Vic, Australia) they are active in targeting migrant minorities who may be lonely.

The picture these born-in people paint of life in the WT is a happy, close and supportive family, yet the descriptions of congregational life I read here are very different. Could it be a "gentler" version here in Oz, or is this more spin (or dissonance)?

I'm very grateful for all I learn here.

Thank, Retro

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Could it be a "gentler" version here in Oz, or is this more spin (or dissonance)? .....retrovirus

You have`nt seen or heard,everything the WBT$/JW Cult is not ready to show you.

The WBT$ teaches..

This is what`s going to happen..

To everyone who does not join the WBT$/JW Cult,or leaves the WBT$/JW Cult..

(This is Normal,Classic WBT$ ArtWork)..

"Your not a JW?"..

God is going to Kill You!!"..

The WBT$ Advertises the WBT$/JW Cult are the Happiest People on Earth..

Jehovah`s Witness`s Believe..

Jehovahs Witness are..Whatever the WBT$ says they are..

Or..

They end up like the People in the Picture..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Please report their response when you demonstrate the dishonesty of the WT literature. They will bend over backwards to defend it, regardless of what they read in the book. Their habits of quoting sources are awful. I was showed how the WT literature quoted something that sounded scholarly that seemed to agree with them. It turned out that their quote out of context was actually the scholarly source quoting the Watchtower itself and blasting it. The quote out of context just stuck with a small part. So Watchtower literature quoted a source quoting Watchtower literature.

• whereami
    whereami

Hi RetroVirus. Next time show them this, regarding their latest anti evolution rags:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9lFOdN9yR8

• whereami
    whereami

You might also want to look into this this thread for more in depth review with an excellent wright up.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/197635/2/Great-refutation-of-Watchtowers-Origin-of-Life-and-Was-Life-Created-brochures

• penny2
    penny2

Retro, hi from Adelaide!

Could it be a "gentler" version here in Oz

I think this is definitely the case in many congregations. It depends on the local elders.

Aussies are generally pretty relaxed and most JWs here tend to be also. They just like to live a quiet life, have a BBQ and a beer on the weekend and coast along in the JW lifestyle. So to outsiders they will appear fairly normal.

But disfellowshipping happens here like everywhere else. If you are disfellowshipped you will be excluded and no longer be part of that happy, close and supportive family.

penny

• Scully
    Scully

The picture these born-in people paint of life in the WT is a happy, close and supportive family, yet the descriptions of congregational life I read here are very different. Could it be a "gentler" version here in Oz, or is this more spin (or dissonance)?

The picture they are painting is the "for public consumption" version of the Worldwide Brotherhood™ that they claim exists among Jehovah's Witnesses. For the most part, I think JWs believe that this is the worldwide reality of the Organization™, even if their own local experience is far different from the "infomercial" version. I know that in my own case, I chalked up personality conflicts, mistreatment, etc. to "imperfection" and something that would be handled if I could Wait on Jehovah™. It never occurred to me that the Organization™, its hierarchy and internal caste system were at the heart of the problem, until I saw it for myself, and started hearing experiences from all over the world that were so similar to my own that it made my skin crawl.

Reminds me of an old joke:

Bill Gates suddenly dies and finds himself face to face with God. God stood over Bill Gates and said, "Well Bill, I'm really confused on this one. It's a tough decision; I'm not sure whether to send you to Heaven or Hell. After all, you helped society enormously by putting a computer in almost every home in America, yet you also created that ghastly Windows '95 among other indiscretions. I believe I'll do something I've never done before; I'll let you decide where you want to go."

Bill pushed up his glasses, looked up at God and replied, "Could you briefly explain the difference between the two?" Looking slightly puzzled, God said, "Better yet, why don't I let you visit both places briefly, then you can make your decision. Which do you choose to see first, Heaven or Hell?"

Bill played with his pocket protector for a moment, then looked back at God and said, "I think I'll try Hell first." So, with a flash of lightning and a cloud of smoke, Bill Gates went to Hell.

When he materialized in Hell, Bill looked around. It was a beautiful and clean place, a bit warm, with sandy beaches and tall mountains, clear skies, pristine water, and beautiful women frolicking about. A smile came across Bill's face as he took in a deep breath of the clean air. "This is great," he thought, "if this is Hell, I can't wait to see heaven."

Within seconds of his thought, another flash of lightning and a cloud of smoke appeared, and Bill was off to Heaven. Heaven was a place high above the clouds, where angels were drifting about playing their harps and singing in a beautiful chorus. It was a very nice place, Bill thought, but not as enticing as Hell.

Bill looked up, cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled for God and Bill Gates was sent to Hell for eternity.

Time passed, and God decided to check on the late billionaire to see how he was progressing in Hell. When he got there, he found Bill Gates shackled to a wall in a dark cave amid bone thin men and tongues of fire, being burned and tortured by demons.

"So, how is everything going?" God asked.

Bill responded with a crackling voice filled with anguish and disappointment, "This is awful! It's nothing like the Hell I visited the first time!! I can't believe this is happening! What happened to the other place....with the beaches and the mountains and the beautiful women?

"That was the demo," replied God.

• Mary
    Mary

Hey Scully, check your PM's.

• Scully
    Scully

got it, Mary. thanks!

• mouthy
    mouthy

ROTFL Scully
    ------------------
    It's also true, that these nice, honest people will kepp on trying to recruit others. if they succeed these people and their families will suffer. Hadn't thought of it that way. In my area (Vic, Australia) they are active in targeting migrant minorities who may be lonely
    I was a very faithful JW for 25 years...I would have DIED for the Order...
    Yes they will hang on until they confuse you.I did!!! But I was ignorant!
    I believed every thing they taught me!!! repeated it to all
    I made 10 people followers,( besides some of my family) Yes the example
    of Bill Gates above by Scully is SOOOOOO true. I was expecting by 1975
    to be cleaning up the earth after all the Birds had eaten the flesh of everyone that was
    killed after the BIG A... Preached to my baby she would never go to school,

She died at 43 Cancer, I told my son he too had better listen to me!!!he died at 46
    I have a daughter 64,mustnt talk to me because I made her a JW.She still is.
    So my dear! at 83 I am telling you .watch out!!!! be prepared ...Your a backcall

heelping them get their hours that they MUST get to please the old men in Brooklyn Bethel

Very Mouthy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit