These are good people

by Retrovirus 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OBVES
    OBVES

Another thread I mean is entitled basically " Are they really that bad ? ".

Jehovah's Witnesses are approved of God Yahweh and it can be seen in the timeline I presented that goes into eternity.

1935 AD ...... 1984 AD .... 2034 AD .. 2044 AD ...... 990 years: 10 x 49+50 .... 3034 AD ... 3044 AD.

49 years 50 years

They can even take advantage of the year 1914 AD as we have a 120-year period from 1914 AD to 2034 AD !

No other christian church organization on this earth comes even close to Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Hi Debator,

You clearly do not like Dishonesty but you accept the claims on here that Witnesses are a cult without checking?

Can you please show me what I said to make you believe I did this?

As regards to Evolution verses Creation debate, this is a difficult subject since these are extremely opposing beliefs. Where both sides may make mistakes on what the other group believe and teach. I find it particularly hard with Evolution since it is ever-changing medium according to current understandings of it's processes

That's why it's best to discuss these issues based on facts. For instance, evolution is a well-based theory, not a medium. And yes, scientific theories change over time. (As do the beliefs of all the religions I know of) That's why I personally do not "believe" a current scientific understanding, but do accept that it best describes the known facts at the present.

I am a Jehovah Witness because I found the true God's truth in Jehovah's witnesses according to his word the Bible and I reject Evolution because makes a belief out of disbelief and scepticism of the created world around us

Evolution describes how creatures can adapt and change over time under the influence of natural selection. It does not "make" anything or cause scepticism. Many scientists, I even think the majority of scientists, have personal religious beliefs.

If, however, you know of any facts that should cause me to doubt that evolution (speciation) happens, please post them and I'm happy to discuss.

Retro

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Debator/Reniaa, you keep coming back. I think (and this is only my humble opinion) that you keep coming back because there is an itch you just can't scratch at the hall. Oh you won't admit that you like coming here and that you have doubts but I believe that you do and I'm certain that posters and lurkers alike would agree.

I'm glad to see you back. I'm not worried that you won't have an epiphany like BANE (I can't think of his new name right now), your coming here again and again is all the proof I need. Oh you'll deny it but that will only add to the comfirmation of what I've just said.

So, glad to see you, welcome back and happy holidays.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    You try to divide Jehovah witnesses and the watchtower and tract society when we are the same thing,
    it would be more honest to say you are dividing the sheep from the shepherds. Anti-authority wrapped up in word trickery.....debator/Reniaa

Bullshit..

Jehovah`s Witness`s and the WBT$,are NOT one and the same..

Jehovah`s Witness`s have a Say in NOTHING!..

The WBT$ makes the Rules..Jehovah`s Witness`s Die for those Rules..

And..

You wonder why everyone here,Laughs at You?..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Like most theories I expect it will disprove itself.

Are you being serious, or are you just plain dense? Most theories disprove themselves? Can you name some for us?

You talk of cognitive dissonance when you own defence of the ever-changing evolution theory smacks of it?

(I thank you for correcting my typo, without even pointing it out.) I am open to any change in what I believe, even to the individual beliefs of the Watchtower, so long as it is backed by observable, preferably measurable, evidence. This is the opposite of cognitive dissonance. You will not change your beliefs regardless of what is presented as observable and measurable evidence. In fact, when confronted with such evidence your beliefs are not weakened but actually strengthened. This is classic cognitive dissonance. Not everything the Watchtower teaches is false, but the key is to separate the wheat from the chaff. Lots of chaff in the Watchtower.

against the reality of what the bible actually teaches

It is your absolute, unquestioning belief in the WTBTS interpretation of the bible that is the reason you are so blind to truth. It is almost sad.

If you had no hate towards Jehovah's witnesses why are you trying to stop your family being Jehovah's witnesses? If your desire is to stop them being Jehovah's witnesses how can you say you don't hate Jehovah's witnesses? It like saying "I don't hate doctors" but refusing to let them practise as doctors or actually be doctors. If there then are no doctors you have succeeded in wiping them out even if the humans that used to be them still exist.

Spurious, infantile argument. Doctors are individuals within the medical community but not all doctors think universally the same way. You are not the Organisation, you are a cog within it. You as a person are synonymous with the Organisation inasmuch as it tells you how to think. I know no single Jehovah's Witness who I have strong negative emotions toward. There are some, the recently convicted pedophiles in particular, I might be able to hate if I knew them.

Majority belief has consistently throughout the centuries proven to be no measure of truthfulness.

And absolute, unchanging belief by a majority is the corollory truth to your statement. There are subversive elements already within the Watchtower. People who are working at getting the policy on blood changed. There are also people who don't want to be in it but have no choice. They can't leave because if they do they will lose their families, their friendships, their social safety nets, sometimes their jobs and livlihoods and their inheritance. But the rest, the majority, all think the same way. Are you aware of this stuff, debator? Or do you think it's all bogus?

You didn't answer the question - who is your Mediator? Is it Jesus Christ or the Governing Body?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Many scientists, I even think the majority of scientists, have personal religious beliefs.

Nope. It's only 40%. And these are American scientists. Compare this to the percentage of all Americans (93%) who say they believe in god. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_n22_v91/ai_19332942/

• mouthy
    mouthy

Retro. Glad I was able to help you decide.I am getting better every day Thanks

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nickolas..

Good Luck getting Straight Answers from debator/Reniaa..

It would be easier to Catch a Greased Pig..

http://www.danasresort.com/images/journal/050807/20050807_100_0809_greased_pig_contest.jpg

........................... ...OUTLAW

• debator
    debator

Hi Retrovirus

your words seem to be accepting of the ridiculous claim on this forum that they are a cult when demonstrably they are not.

Evolution is tricky... firstly because it removes itself from Abiogenesis. Next because in many ways it is just renaming God's incredibly designed processes and uses them as proof while it areas of greatest flaws are ignored like... Abiogenesis, species jumping, the odds involved of chance happenings from the cellular to complex mechanisms. the unpalatability of "chaos", The current population of the world fitting the Bible time frame mathematically and not evolution time frame which would make us vastly unpopulated given the millions of years involved against propagation of the species. civilisation not savagery as origin (early ancestors where observably complex civilisations not ape-like brutes from the evolution theory), laws on recessive genes mean they still show up in next generations and "ape-like to man" is in direct denial of this fundamental law we should still have regressive ape-like creatures showing up in the population. The extreme Immobility of certain species plants and animals making it impossible for them to be world-wide yet they are, while others are only found in one place and no other. Time is used as the excuse to cover the guesswork.

Evolutionists cling to what they do know while ignoring the glaring problems. It is a classic popular majority-opinion relying on it's popularity to give it credibility as "proof".

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Well, OUTLAW, I do enjoy eating pigs. I particularly like BBQed back ribs, but one roasted whole over a spit is also delectable. Perhaps the chase would be worth it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit